“Lovely Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Found this lovely restaurant while wandering around Sirmione, just off the main streets. Really nice place, one of the nicest lunches we had around Lake Garda. Very good quality food. If we had returned to Sirmione we would certainly have visited Marghe again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner tonight after reading some great reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. Don’t see this as a tourist trap at all as one other disgruntled reviewer said! Our experience was wonderful, so relaxing, not rushed and delicious food. I got the Bucatini Amatriciana and it was yummy, as good as the ones I’ve had in Rome where the dish originates. My husband got chicken in a mustard sauce and he also cleared his plate, the chicken was so succulent. My only disappointment was the potatoes, yes they said roast potatoes but I was hoping for the authentic ones slow cooked in olive oil for hours in the oven but they tasted like they were just deep fried in a frier.

It’s a quirky little place with strange glasses for your water and an unusual little salt dish but that’s what gives it its charm. Would definitely recommend and return for the fillet steak next time.

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Great service, great food, great night. We stumbled across this place, there were no tables at the time however the owner asked if we wanted a drink on the terrace, we did whilst we waited. The food was outstanding, we came back again!

Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

As a Supersensitive Coeliac who is also lactose intolerant & vegan I was beyond thrilled to find this gem of a restaurant. Their Gluten Free and Vegan options were limited but excellent....I’m used to limited but the quality of my interesting salads did not disappoint. Our party of 4 ate here 3 times over 2 days and everyone had fabulous meals. Staff were very attentive to my dietary needs and most importantly I did not get sick from being glutened . Well done Marghe, your innovate food rescued my amazing break to Sirmione.

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

The food was bad, the dishes (all 10) arrived after 40 minutes.
Only 2 dishes was eatables and the restaurant didn't want to do nothing about it.
That's what we call a tourist trap.

1  Thank idoy2016