“Paradise.”
Review of Hotel Grifone

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sirmione
Hotel Grifone
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Sirmione
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Many years ago I found this hotel in a travel book written by Karen Brown. Once I read her entry about Hotel Grifone I told myself I must visit it. 12 years later I still have to find some time to visit this amazing place each year. I have seen it grow and develop into what it is today- paradise.
Once you step through the entrance you know you are home. Enza who runs the hotel is truly one of the best people you could ever meet. She is so welcoming,efficient, friendly and has turned this hotel into what it is today. Her tireless energy and committment makes this the number one hotel in Sirmione.
Now to tell you about the hotel- position is right by the old castle in the centre of the old town. It faces the lake and all rooms have wonderful views. Most have balconies where you can sit and watch the amazing sunsets over the lake. It also has a little beach in front or it where you can go in for a swim whenever you like.
Rooms- have all the amenities one needs, ensuite, very clean and comfortable. The air con is an asset during the hot summers.
Breakfast- included in the price- well I have stayed in many hotels up to 5* deluxe. This however is the best breakfast. It is bountiful. Enza has put on a spread that is the envy of all. The tables are set out with various cheeses, meats, breads, fresh fruit, yoghurts, pastries. The list is endless. My friend who comes with me said ' I don't know where to start'.
Finally the host - well as you may read words cannot express how I feel about Enza and her team. Magnificent comes to mind.
To end my review this hotel is truly paradise or as one of the previous reviewers said a little bit of heaven on earth.
Part of me does not want to post this as I am selfish and does not want to share this hotel. However whoever reads this review and comes to stay here will be glad that I did. Thank you Enza for making my family and friends want to return every year. We love you and your wonderful team lots.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from yet another amazing stay at the hotel Grifone Sirmione.
I love everything about it! Location, bountiful breakfast, friendliness,cleanliness but especially the lovely Enza a truly wonderful lady who cannot do enough for you. The best find my sister came across 11 years ago.
It just gets better and better :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because my wife loved Sirmione on a day trip from Verona a few years ago. It proved to be the perfect choice in terms of its position inside the old city, right behind the castle and facing the lake. In hot weather the cool breeze off the lake was most welcome. Breakfast was special, with more choices of cakes and pastries than we found in any other hotel on our trip. The owner is very helpful. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: It is worth paying the small extra cost for one of the larger rooms with a balcony, we had one facin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and 11 year old grandson ended our 16 day trip to Italy with 3 days at the Hotel Grifone. The location of the hotel was perfect, adjacent to the castle and overlooking a small stretch of beach. Our room was very comfortable, spotless and with a balcony overlooking the lake. Enza, our hostess and owner, was like family and attended to our every need. The breakfast was the largest buffet we have had at any hotel in our travels - absolutely delicious. The hotel is just in the heart of the old town and within easy walk of everything.
Thank you for a most wonderful stay and a perfect end to our trip.
Barbara & Jules Glassman and Brendan

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great little hotel in Sirmione, very close to the centre yet down a quiet side-street this is a great budget hotel for a night or two in this fantastic town. We stayed for 3 nights and would have loved to have stayed longer. About 3 minutes' walk from Sirmione ferry landing and very close to a wide range of restaurants - and several gelaretias! Breakfast was amazing - such a spead and variety of food and great views over the lake from the outside patio. Hostess (who seemed to be running reception and breakfast single-handedly) was very accommodating, nothing too much trouble. Visiting the roman ruins at the tip of the peninsula is a highlight of this area - only 15 minutes' walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 28 has a double-aspect view (I believe it's the only one), taking in the castle and a small...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham C
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was there with my boyfriend in the middle of July. We booked quite spontaneous a double room for just one night but it was really nice! Simple but with all things that you need and also with an amazing view of the lake. The owner is also really friendly and she always cares about her guests.
P.s. the breakfast is delicious!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The only reason why I gave it 4 out of 5 is due to the room needing a little bit of TLC, however everything else was fantastic and the owner could not be any nicer. You have to pay in cash which caught us out but there is a bank very near by.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family