“Thanks but no thanks!”

Ranked #22 of 189 Restaurants in Sirmione
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Good Italian food and wine at reasonable prices in the middle of a very busy tourist town on Lake Garda.
Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

When we entered the restaurant we wrote spoken to rather abruptly and told to
wait one second before we were ‘permitted’ to even sit down by the blonde waitress. So we stood there in limbo just waiting whilst the same waitress talked to another table taking her sweet time before she addressed us face to face. She then asked us if in for drinks or food and only when we said food, were we permitted to sit down at a table. My husband and I aren’t fish eaters however, despite that, we found the menu extremely limited and overpriced - €13 for tomato soup and €18 for a simple lasagne - no thanks?! After looking through the menu and not fancying the sound of anything we asked for the bill for the water we’d ordered. The bill arrived shortly afterwards and was delivered with quite the attitude and slap down of the bill on our table. Glad we decided to leave when we did. Had they put a menu outside we’d never have went in on the first place and wasted her time of our own for that matter.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed July 24, 2019

Ate here tonight with my 2 teenage daughters. The restaurant itself has lovely tables . Bread selection was good. Food was fine but quite expensive. What spoilt it for us was the unfriendly staff. The main guy in charge was unsmiling and unfriendly and this seems to have created an atmosphere where the other staff were also unsmiling and unfriendly. I was ignored by the young woman waitress when I politely called her twice. She had clearly heard me and annoyedly told me to ‘ wait ‘ and that she would be back. It’s a shame as it spoilt our evening which otherwise would have been quite nice in a beautiful restaurant with my family. Given the prices I think an overhaul of attitude is needed. Several people came in to enquire about outside tables and were quite rudely spoken to by the head waiter.

2  Thank Adventurer600630
Reviewed July 23, 2019

Without a reservation we got a table outside at this beautiful little staircase terrace. The service was extremely friendly and quick.
The food was absolutely delicious and also beautifully arranged. We had noodles with crabs and with tuna and also the Lasagnetta - every dish tasted absolutely amazing. Also the desserts have been absolutely delicious as well as the Espresso which came with a selection of selfmade biscuits.
We can definitly recommend a visit at Tavernetta Maria Callas and if we ever come back to Sirmione we will come here again - for sure :)

Reviewed July 9, 2019

on the advertising they had written a vino beer restaurant. we just ordered wine. the waiter told us it is a restaurant so let's pay and within 5 minutes we get out.we go around the world. this has never happened to us

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Some really lovely food. Surprisingly we had some bad food experiences in the Sirmione área but this place made up for it. I tend to try a bit of everyone’s (I’m greedy like that) and every single thing I tried tasted great! A little pricey but would definitely recommend

Date of visit: June 2019