“Unexpected”
Review of La Rucola

La Rucola
Reserve with
La Rucola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 166 Restaurants in Sirmione
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

La Rucola is a very small restaurant in the old part of Sirmione, situated on the tiny side street close to the Scaligeri Castle and on the outside it does not differ from many other restaurants in Sermione but it differs a lot inside. We would like to find something special for dinner on my birthday occasion and a receptionist of our hotel recommended us La Rucola as a Michelin stars restaurant. And it was really a special evening. Restaurant is very elegant, with the excellent service. The interior design is a little mixed but create an atmosphere of privacy. We were impressed with the excellent service, foods and wonderful presentation of numerous small snakes and desserts "de la maison" and it was great and unexpected. At first the prices seem to be a little overrated but in the end we understood that it was value for money. We had visited Michelin stars restaurants before but that time it was an experience we had never knew before. We highly recommend this place for special occasion.

1  Thank Olga043
There are newer reviews for La Rucola

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The presentation and service was very good, the food was average I thought. The biggest contributor to an overall unimpressive evening was the decor (small and bland room) and zero atmosphere. The service was very good, the junior waiter was excellent the head waiter did make us slightly uncomfortable (slightly austere), and as more people arrived it felt that the service really dropped off, people were left waiting. Most people also seemed very reserved and nothing like the other (top ten) restaurants in Sirmione. So to summerise, excellent service from the junior waiter, food presentation was fab, and actually overall quite good value for money.
Wish I could have written a better report, perhaps my expectations were too high! :)

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This restaurant was second to none that we have found anywhere. The ambience in the restaurant the staff and of course the fantastic food, which was prepared with great care and wonderful presentation is to die for.

1  Thank A_Traveller007
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We really liked the setting of this restaurant. Absolutely beautiful and the food was good too.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous meal at La Rucola yesterday evening.

We opted for the large tasting menu consisting of both fish and meat, with the "big" wine pairing option. I particularly enjoyed all he fish courses. There were some unusual food combinations, all of which I really enjoyed - a great example being the huge beautifully cooked scallop which did notcome with either pumpkin of cauliflower - instead a meat sauce- a pleasant and delicious change from the usual Michelin starred restaurants we have visited!

All the wine pairings were excellent and went well with the food. We were offered a choice of wine with more than one course - but always went with the suggestion offered and were never disappointed!

Be warned this is - as billed - big - delicious but big! That said I would love to eat it all again today!

I'm no food expert I just know what I like - perhaps some of the food is not as technical as other establishments - perhaps the smaller front of house and no pretension does not appeal to all - for me it was just about perfect!
We are lucky enough to regularly enjoy fine dining and Michelin starred restaurants - this one would make my top 5, perhaps even top 3, beating some other better known or more starred restaurants. Do give it a go - I don"t think you'll be disappointed!

3  Thank fionaemartin