“HURRY UP AND BOOK YOUR TOUR WITH ELENA TODAY!”

Lake Como Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$101.69*
and up
Como Food Tour
Ranked #13 of 18 things to do in Varenna
More attraction details
Owner description: Lake Como Food Tours offers a unique experience in the Lake Como area. Our tours carefully mix culture, scenic landscapes and high quality food tastings, all of which experienced walking in fascinating lakefront villages, biking along panoramic routes, hiking in our mountains, cooking with us or enjoying a cruise to admire the beautiful villas facing the lake.
Reviewed October 11, 2016

This was my first trip to Lake Como and the Village of Varenna. WOW, what a special treat, Elena and Alessandra were fantastic hosts and tour guides. Varenna is a magical place, beauty everywhere you look, views of Lago di Como are magnificent and make for beautiful memories. Elena and Alessandra's knowledge of the village and Lake region were phenomenal, I learned a lot. Another high point was the girls lunching at Cavellino, I think I have that name correct - it is delicioso fresh organic food, prepared to order, in a delightful setting - red wine, pasta, fresh baked bread, fish, vegetables, yummy gelato and wonderful company and funny stories were exchanged too, lots of laughs!

I would say book your tour with Elena today, do not hesitate - she also arranged a speed boat rental tour for us to visit Villa Balbienello (spelling?) and Bellagio, what a fun tour and again exquisite beauty everywhere.
Our speed boat tour guide, who I call Lorenzo was delightful, I felt like I was in an italian movie as we hit the waves and Andrea Bocelli's tunes serenaded us. As we went onto Bellagio, Magdellena was a delightful guide of the magnificent gardens and history of them. I believe Elena coordinated all of the days tours.
Go, Go, don't hesitate. Ciao a presto, Nancy

"cooking class"
"elena"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 10, 2016

We booked 3 tours for the lake Como area, all with the same company (but unkown to us at the time). We had Allessandra as our guide for the walking food tour of Lecco, as well as the Lake Como boat tour. On both tours, the insights into the local history were both intriguing and very informative. The knowledge that was imparted on the local produce was first class, as indeed was the local wines, cheeses, meats & fresh breads, of which we sampled with gusto!
Today we had a fantastic traditional Italian cooking class ( justa like Nonna used to make) with Ellena & Laura. We first went to the local delicatesan to pick up the local cheeses & small goods that we were to use, the we headed up into the hills to the private villa where we had hands on experience preparing traditional Italian pasta.
To top it off, there was a fresh dusting of snow on the surrounding mountain tops that really made the vista spectacular from the kitcken window.
Great tours all round, thoroughly recommend to anyone who enjoys the Italian food cultural experience.

2  Thank Wayne_Sav
Reviewed October 3, 2016

My husband and I did not get to go on the tour because of a missed email (by me) with the change in tour time. However, Laura from Lake Como Food Tours was easily contactable, and processed the refund within one day. We do wish we had seen the email because we were looking forward to the tour!

Reviewed September 29, 2016

We wanted to be on the lake, and learn something of the local culture. We met our guide, Cristina at the appointed spot and began with a tour of an old mill. We learned about old milling processes, then tasted some olive oil, by breathing it into your palate. There we had to have some bread, cheese, meat as well. We toured the old city of Varenna then sat down to a lovely local meal. After the meal we had a boat ride captained by the handsome Luka. I felt like a movie star. Saw many of the sights in the Como branch of the lake, I would have liked to see more. The day finished with a tour by Cristina of Bellagio. Over all a plus.

1  Thank Jocdgr8