I stayed at Royal Victoria in late July 2013 after my reservation at a neighboring hotel was so disappointing. I then returned around August 7 for a second stay of about 9 days. Another great experience! I can't say enough good about the hotel and the staff
1. The staff- Barbara, Stephania, Francesca, Martin in the Grill, the casual restaurant- all gems! There were many more folks- all nice and polite and helpful and gracious!
2. The location/ Facilities: Right on the Piazza. The beach a mere 72 steps down front, gravelly but perfect for hanging out. The Pool. My room with a small balcony facing the water.Nice firm hard beds. The breakfast. A mini bar and safe in the room. Clean.
I love this place and will be back next summer for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Royal Victoria is a four stars hotel facing the lake, situated in the historical centre of Varenna, a charming medieval village and one of the most appreciated tourist destinations of lake Como. The recent renovations have preserved its XIX century aspect; the rooms offer all modern comforts while maintaining the atmosphere of a charming hotel. The bright and comfortable hall provide a refined and attractive atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Victoria Varenna
- Royal Victoria Hotel Varenna