“Contemporary style restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

There are lots of unimaginative restaurants in Varenna. The food is pretty good but I particularly liked the style of the restaurant. The service was good, the food was good and the ambience was good. Not outstanding but better than most that I tried or considered during my visit.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had the fixed price lunch menu. Just 2 choices for each course but water, bread, wine and coffee was included as well. And it was a really lovely meal extremely tasty and well cooked. The service was a little slow maybe but the waitress was charming.
The restaurant itself is modern and new not quite what you expect to find in such an old town. And the toilets are frankly amazing. The smartest toilets on the lake I would suggest!!
If you don't want tourist trap pizza/pasta menu, take a very short walk up one of the first narrow passageways in the town and be amazed at the difference in food and service you will find there.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We dined at Varenna Mon Amour our first night in Varenna. It had been recommended by one of the locals and we are so glad we found it. The restaurant is situated midway up one of Varenna's steep, stone staired alleyways. Our table was upstairs. Pretty, modern dining areas- with a large tv playing a video montage of Varenna photos. Gorgeous scenery/photography.

Our meal was really delicious. The four of us had a variety of items, including mussels, octopus with tomatoes and olives/with a side of yummy polenta, a good sized, very tasty mixed salad, salmon-beautifully presented with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (in the shape of a treble clef!), and whole branzino, boned at the table. We enjoyed every item we ordered. Ended the meal with a yummy serving of tiramisu.

Service was very friendly and timely. We would definitely return to this nice restaurant!

1  Thank bloomcrew
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We found the restaurant whilst out on a walk and booked for that evening. It is situated at the top of a very quaint walkway. On arrival we were welcomed warmly and given a choice of tables. Menus were produced and our drinks order taken promptly. The food was very nice and cooked to perfection, I had the spaghetti with clams, absolutely delicious. My husbands starter of scallops au gratin was also delicious as he graciously allowed me to share a little. Service was efficient and friendly, and we were very well looked after. All in all, a very nice experience. My only reason for withholding the excellent mark was the TV which was showing travel pictures. I found this off putting, and out of place in a restaurant, if I had wanted to watch TV I would not have gone out to dinner. Otherwise I have no complaints.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Maybe it was an off Tuesday night for Varenna Mon amour. Our pork sausage was under cooked in a tasteless sauce on top of very hard pasta. The cocktails were weak and warm. The modern decor did not fit the village and the big screen TV was running travel promotions over and over. Service was slow and inattentive. Pretty poor dining experience in village renowned for excellent cuisine.

1  Thank LaGrange_Professors