“Charming establishment!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our lunch at Borgovino was extremely enjoyable! The restaurant is tucked in a small side street which is quiet and peaceful. We were able to sit an outside table. The pumpkin gnocchi was delicious as was my husband's fish soup. Prices were very reasonable for the quality of food and wine. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. Would recommend that you visit Borgovino while in Varenna!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Such a fabulous find this trip! The service was incomparable, the food incredible. I would return again, without a doubt.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

When in Varenna, I was trying to find a reastaurant which is not a usual turist trap, but after having lunch in Borgovino, I'm not so sure I was successful. Positive: small gem in back up alley with exellent service from a very polite and pleasant waiter. Restaurant is also open whole afternoon for those who are not hungry at 1:00 p.m. Food was not bad at all, but out of check for 70€ for 1 anitpasti, 2 primi plati and a bottle of wine; 10€ was for 1l liter of tab water and sitting. Too uch if you ask me!

2  Thank MarkoKranj
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a lunch here while on a day trip to Varenna. It was a very small place, but had a nice atmosphere, with little antique pieces of decor. A very polite and pleasant waiter offered a good service. I had a seafood soup, which was good, lacked a bit of intensity in flavour, but in the short time they prepared it it would be hard to get it more infused in seafood essence. My wife had a nice and light salad with rocket (arugula), slices of cured meat and tomatoes. Overall a nice romantic lunch in a beautiful place, will go back if I am ever in Varenna again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We were waited on hand and foot here. They even kept the restaurant open late for us after a long day traveling. The food was very good. Try the house specialty pasta. Highly recommended.