“Romantic little spot - great fish!”

Osteria Quatro Pass
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Varenna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a lovely little space, tucked away in one of Varenna's narrow alleys. Service was efficient and the food was delicious. My lake fish main was particularly wonderful - one of my stand out meals in Lake Como.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We received a recommendation to this restaurant by our hotel, Albergo Milano, and we agreed, it was superb. Quatro Pass, and the restaurant at the hotel, made for two of the best meals we had in Italy.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

After several weeks of restaurant meals, I think this tops the list. Recommended by our hotel and we are sooooo glad we went. Pricey but worth it. Great classics and lots of seafood. Everything we had was excellent and the service was top notch. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

First place in Italy that we had excellent attentive service. Very impressed how we were treated being a family of four with 2 small children. Food was delicious, recommend lobster and meat skewer selection. Tiramisu was best I've ever had.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

After seeing all the positive reviews, on TA, I made a reservation. Since it was still drizzllng, we weren't disappointed by the lack of view. When we arrived at 8, there were only a few other couples. Since we've been traveling in Italy, we typically order our food and then either ask for a recommendation or simply order the house wine. The suggestion here was for a 38 bottle of white wine. Really? It put us off a bit. We live an hour from Napa and know you can get plenty of delicious, inexpensive wine that highlights the food. Speaking of food, the bread basket arrived and was stale. Our first course of marinated lake fish was delicious and perfect to share. I then had the pasta with mushrooms while my husband had one with seafood - tasty, but nothing special. We then shared the "grilled" (translation - pan fried) plate of mixed lake fish and grilled vegetables. Again, tasty but not memorable. On to service, during our appetizer, a very large, loud party came in and service just disappeared. At one point, somebody brought us the dessert menu and we hadn't had our main course. We finished with espresso (husband) and grappa (me). 7 euros for grappa? Ridiculous. Our total bill was 100 euros.

1  Thank Ligaya M