Check Availability
Private elevator
Lierna Beach
Locstion of the property
Aerial View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
WLT44
Llanidloes, United Kingdom
“Superb location, lovely apartment but could really benefit from a deep clean!”
Reviewed September 29, 2011 for a stay in September 2011
people found this review helpful

Della Fontana is in a great location in Fiumelatte, near Varenna. It's views are quite spectacular looking over to Bellagio & Menaggio. It's a comfortable and pleasant 20min walk to Varenna (slightly longer to the Ferry port) on pavement most of the way. There is a great little shop just by the apartment and a supermarket (Eurospin) in Bellano (about 4km away). Now for the neagtive points!!
When we arrived at the apartment it was obvious as soon as we stepped out of the lift door that the apartment was dirty. It looked like the previous occupiers had just got up from the table and nipped out for a loaf!! The patio had food all over the floor and table. There was a table with 4 full ashtrays on it...not really what any non smokers wants to clean up. The BBQ was so disgusting we didn't touch it for the whole week, which was a real shame. I see the owner has gone to great expense to buy these items but who wants to use them when they are so filthy? They may as well not be there if they are not going to be checked each time a new customer arrives. Relying on previous guests to do your clean for you is obviously not working. oh Yes, and a dirty bin full of food on the patio too.
Inside the beds had been changed and towels provided. Bins emptied...good so far.
The cooker, fridge and freezer were all dirty and needed a good clean before we could use them. Food stuck to work tops and all over the floor, which I doubt has been mopped for months. There were many plates in the drawer, but only 4 or 5 were clean. the others were filthy with dried food and it was pretty evident that someone had used a couple of plates as ashtrays! Not the owners fault but who ever is responsible for getting this apartment ready really needs to check the utlities and clean them if required. I do enough cleaning at home, I don't expect to have to deep clean an apartment before I can even make a cup of tea. We didn't bother with the coffee machine....the mould in it looked like it had been there since Adam's first birthday!
The holiday company were quite responsive to out complaint and refunded our cleaning deposit, so we were happy with that. However, it sets a poor start to a holiday when you have to complain on day one...and we're very forgiving on most occasions but this really needed addressing.
My advice to the owner is to check what you are paying for as regards your cleaning company. If you just expect them to empty bins, change bedding and towels and that's it, then I suggest you get used to lots of negative reviews. If your services company is supposed to do more, then they are not doing what you pay them to do.
You also need to get a large feather duster and clear away the thousands of huge cobwebs you have...you have more in your apartment than there were in Michael Jackson's Thriller video!
One other thing which I don't feel is fully explained is the link between the penthouse (Della Fontana) and the apartment below (Dolce Vita). You can rent both together as they link up. We only rented the penthouse but were really surprised to see the link id through the main double bedroom...literally through a wardrobe door. So you can hear the people next door as though they are in your room....so be mindful as you can be heard in your bedroom. Also, the other bedroom is the mezzanine with (bizarrely) 6 beds in it. I wonder how close you'd have to be to fill all those beds in one room as it's not suitable for children. ;-)
To sum...I'm sorry about the negative comments but it's probably the only way the owner would hear about them. Our main issues were with cleanliness which could have been addressed with more attention to detail.
We rented a penthouse in Laglio last year, which was absolutely immaculate and 500euro cheaper. So there should be no excuse...aside from this, the apartment is in such a great spot, if you can overlook the mess you'll love it!!
I have photos if the owner wishes to see them x

Date of stay: September 2011
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Cleanliness or lack of!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Mar 27, 2012
As the owner of this property I was most dismayed that a guest was greeted by a dirty apartment and terrace, refunding the cleaning fee was the first step in several. We changed the cleaners and hired a dedicated Jacuzzi/BBQ/Terrace cleaner. I am a Californian who lives in hotels and used my 22 years of experience to create the ultimate, no expenses spared, Dream Penthouse.
This property was designed by a Civil Engineer and dates from 1605, with all the historic items outside and all the MOD COMS inside….3 separate Big Screens with surround sound throughout, BOSE speakers on the Terrace which is 103 square meters (1100with square feet) and has a HOT SPRING California made 5 person spa next to the Hot and Cold water shower. There are literally electrical outlets everywhere with IPod connectors to all the stereos and 120/220 electrical outlets in the bathrooms…The kitchen island is from Ferretti the yacht designer, the cedar lined closets hand built by the 13th generation of cabinet makers from Cantu, the best cabinet makers in the world…specific to the impressions of this guest being positive of only the views, I want to point out that all the mattresses are finest quality and the pillow choice consists of 3 different varieties from pure down to hypoallergenic…I live in hotels even the Ritz Carlton or the W chain can learn from the finish of this apartment.
The kitchen has an Induction cook top, multi-oven with grill and microwave in one-all Bosch German brands…The pots are Circulon professional line, highest end cutlery and the best gadgets this side of the Atlantic…hand blender, food processor, Commercial bar blender, Zack stainless double walled coffee cups from Germany that keep the coffee warm longer, even the spatulas are Kitchen Aide…the low marks for the Kitchen is plain and simple unfair…It even has 2 fridges one for wine and a side by side American style with water and ice in the door.
I am sorry the guest had a dirty apartment and this will never happen again, but there is no apartment on Lake Como with more guests comforts and quality in a rental, and some of the comments made just are not true, with the photos speaking for themselves….I provide my name and number on the back of the door to the apartment and in the 3 apartment guest books that detail every activity and restaurant in the area, as well as a troubleshooting guide…I would have had my personal maid to assist this guest within the hour, and made sure they were properly compensated for their inconvenience…writing after the fact and giving the wrong impression to future guests does nobody any favors….This apartment is INCREDIBLE with unreal views and we have had 100’s of guests that can attest to that….read the reviews on www.varennarental.com or in the house Guest Book.
Bradford Mc Ewen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing