“Very good food and views but book for a bit later”

Ristorante La Vista
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Varenna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Food is very good, excellent modrn presebtations of traditional recipies on the whole and very enjoyable. The portions are not small, especially if you are tempted to the 4 course deal. Ravioli as primi and steak as secondi were great, very much recommended.
Wine list is good with good choices at reasonable prices ( and some expensive ones)
The view as mentioned by others is great, to die for.

The only catch as I saw it, was that with an early booking you get the hotel guests eager for dinner as well. That will include noisy kids, and the sort of guests who dress for dinner in shorts and sandals speaking in loud voices to other guests. Not intollerable other than to the intollerant, but next time I will book a bit later.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was a cold, blustery night in Varenna, and tucking into this warm room with tasty food was exactly what was needed. The cute house Kitty added such great charm!

I only stayed for a couple glasses of wine and a starter of a lake fish spread, but the other plates passing by looked delicious as well. Because of the weather, the outside patio wasn't an option, but I can only imagine on a warm summer day how amazing it would be.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Through a series of misfortunes, we were late asking for a reservation and they bent over backwards to get us in. The food was faulous, the service impeccable, and they really made us feel like we were at home. Loved it.

1  Thank twovagabonds
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This very small, tucked away restaurant served very good, unique dishes. Service and quality was excellent.

2  Thank nemahbin
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The restaurant is spotless, the service friendly and efficient, and the food is first rate. Being a vegetarian, my expectations are not usually too high either in selection or execution. But my choices were exceptionally good. My wife, the carnivore, was more than happy with her selections...even the risotto, which she doesn't usually like, was a big hit (it had a beautiful topping that looked like molten gold). We had the house red wine, which was quite acceptable. The desserts were pleasant . I don't have much a sweet tooth, so I was happy my dessert (apple tatin) was not sugary-sweet. All in all, a wonderful evening. Sure, the outdoor terrace was closed (Oct 31), but the atmosphere was elegant.

1  Thank Marybear_Tom