“Lovely family style restaurant”
Review of Osteria del Gallo

Osteria del Gallo
Ranked #46 of 542 Restaurants in Como
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My mom and I had lunch here in January. We're both vegetarians who don't speak really any Italian so menus can be tricky sometimes. We sat at a nice table along a wall of wine and ordered 2 glasses of Pinot Grigio. A woman (I assume co-owner), came over to take our food order. They have a weekly, possibly daily changing menu at the entrance based on the freshest ingredients and she told us at the table what vegetarian options they had today in English. My mom had a tomato and cheese macaroni and I had the cheesy polenta. Both were great, so was the wine. The service was fantastic and homey and we never felt rushed.
I would definitely return to Osteria del Gallo.

This street has some very cool and interesting shops as well.

There are newer reviews for Osteria del Gallo

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Menu changes daily apparently so it is recited to you, which is fine. Food was ok, nothing really amazing just good basic food. we had spinach and cheese ravioli, quiche and roast veal. All fine, nothing really memorable for me though. It was extremely busy so it obviously has a good reputation.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Set in a small back street this unassuming family run little Osteria is an absolute gem. No menu, no prices, just Roseanna telling you what they have on offer for the evening.

We started with Focaccia with ham which just melted in the mouth (and comfortably served four), followed by Ravioli with pumpkin and a sage butter, and then two had Osso Bucco and two had Chicken, both beautifully cooked.

If you are looking for an elegant evening then this is not for you, but if you are looking for good food, charming hosts and a little piece of Italy then this is not to be missed, but remember to book as it is only a small place and whilst we were there they had to turn away a good 10-15 people.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

A small charming Osteria in the Centre of Como.
Once there forget the stress and the rush and take your time drinking a good glass of wine and while chatting with the owners and the other tables.
Very tasty food without the usual fancy preparation very popular in other restaurant.
Recommended!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My two colleagues and I visited the restaurant two nights running for dinner. The house 'red' was outstanding as was the focaccio and ham. Light as a feather ! Beans and sausage !, quiche, etc all superb.

Roseanna our host was charming and explained the menu to us. Not printed but on a board by the doorway. Limited choice but all homemade.

We will be back !