We arrived late in Como with plans to move on the next morning so with little time to spend we were looking for a centrally located spot in Como. The family run Albergo del Duca was a great find and we were offered a nice room (facing the central courtyard of the hotel and therefore nice and quiet) along with parking (in the private garage) at a reduced rate due to the late booking. The room was nicely appointed with a large bathroom and very comfy bed.
While the aircon kept things near to it (we had bought some Italian Prosciutto on our travels so wanted to keep that cool) nice and cool it was rather ineffective at cooling the room so we could probably have done with turning it off during the night for a more peaceful night's sleep. We didn't eat dinner at the restaurant attached to the hotel (also run by the family) but it was a very busy and popular spot along with the other restaurants on the Piazza. My only disappointment was the breakfast which was rather poor in its variety and quality. The next morning Andrea was very helpful in advising us on where we could look to pick up some souvenirs before setting off on our onward journey to Switzerland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated within the heart of the inner city only within a short walk of the legendary banks of the lake of Como. Albergo del Duca offers its clients the warm hospitality of a family run business along with the charm of a recently renovated XVII century building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Albergo Del Duca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Del Duca Hotel Como
- Albergo Del Duca Como, Italy - Lake Como