We stayed at Albergo Firenze for 4 nights. We had requested a room facing the square but ended up with one on the side of the hotel looking down to a small street. While not as good a view as the square it was still ok. Our room was on the 2nd floor. It was clean and comfortable, not super modern but more than adequate. We had shutters on the windows to keep out light and noise at night. The area was very quiet at night. There was a fridge, wardrobe and table. Free wi fi. The young girl at the front desk when we arrived was delightful and extremely helpful. The breakfast room was light and airy and we found the staff very pleasant. There wasn't as many choices of food as some of the other hotels we stayed at in Italy but still more than enough - yogurt, cereals, toast, jam, fruit, croissants, cakes etc. The hotel is located midway between the 2 railways stations - there is the local station and also the station Como S. Giovanni which was the station we arrived at from Milan. From here it was about a 10-15 minute direct easy walk to the hotel. The hotel is 2 minutes from Lake Como. Como is a very pretty little town with lots to see. We caught the ferry and visited Bellagio. We also caught the local bus to Menaggio one day for different views. There's a lovely walk along the lake where the locals go for a walk in the evening. Plenty of restaurants, shops, supermarket etc. and a couple of great gelato shops. Also a big market on Saturday near the old city wall. If visiting Como again we would probably stay at the Albergo Firenze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Firenze is a welcoming 3-star hotel located in a historical Neoclassical building, in the centre of Como, in Piazza Volta, meeting point of the town. Hotel Firenze is situated in the limited traffic area: however, guests can reach the hotel by car and leave their luggage, they can then declare the number plate and the model of their car to the reception in order to avoid fines.The advantage of the pedestrian area is allowing guests to enjoy the maximum relax without the trouble of the noise of the city traffic. Hotel Firenze is located at walking distance from the Como S. Giovanni railway station and from the FerrovieNord railway station, both important for connections between Como and Milan. The little tourist pier of Como represents the starting point to reach the wonderful lake destinations such as Bellagio, Argegno, Tremezzo and many others.In this hotel, business travelers or visitors on vacation will find an ideal place to relax and refresh close to the lake. Hotel Firenze offers its guests the best services: the large hall overlooking Piazza Volta – where breakfast is served every morning – and hosting business appointments as well as meetings with friends for entertaining moments; free internet wireless connection; 44 rooms equipped with digital TV, direct telephone, mini-bar, air-conditioning and hairdryer.The kind and reserved staff, the welcoming and familiar atmosphere, the quality services complete the offer and guarantee a pleasant and unforgettable stay. Hotel Firenze is an excellent starting point to visit the town of Como. The hotel is located close to the spectacular lakeside promenade, while the streets around the hotel branch out with their many boutiques, restaurants and tourist attractions.A boat ride is mandatory when in Como and represents the ideal opportunity to visit wonderful landscapes, while a trip aboard the renowned funicular climbing along the mountain as far as Brunate will let you enjoy a breath-taking view on the city and on the basin of the Lake Como. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Albergo Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Firenze Como, Italy - Lake Como
- Albergo Firenze Hotel Como