When trying to book last-minute reservations in Como, I was faced with he prospect of paying $300+ for accommodations. The only moderately priced hotel was the Hotel Posta Como, at 100 euros. On the positive side, the restaurant was quite good, and the breakfast was as good as one gets in Italy, certainly better than the breakfast we had in Milan at a Best Western. The desk clerk was very helpful, and they held our bags for us all day since we arrived early.
On the woefully negative side, our room had not been dusted or vacuumed since the Eisenhower era, and the mattresses were very old, with lots of lumps. The noise coming from the street kept my partner awake all night. The bathroom is crumbling tile and everything has a vague sour smell. The elevator does not operate between 11pm and 600am, for "security reasons," and one needs to use one's keycard to buzz yourself into the hotel after hours. Vaguely creepy.
That said, given the prices for other accommodations, it's OK for a value traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW HOTEL OPENED ON MARCH 8TH , 2014 AFTER A COMPLETE RESTORATION . NEW , MNIMAL AND IN ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SQAURE OF COMO ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HRS, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Posta Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Ristorante Posta Hotel Como
- Posta Design Hotel Como, Italy - Lake Como