“Nothing better in Como town”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Palace Hotel

Palace Hotel
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Como
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nothing better in Como town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend, beautiful hotel, great views, lovely new rooms. Only downside was being told by a staff member in the garden bar that I could order extra food before the BBQ as I am fat and could eat it, it was probably meant as a joke but some people would get very upset about such things, other than that no problems at all, will be back again very soon

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our brand new rooms. I am absolutely sure that the episode at the garden bar was due to a misunderstanding and in no way would our staff willingly offend a guest, even as a joke. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel, but it was definitely a language misunderstanding.
I hope to welcome you personally on your next visit.
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Youngstown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Palace is gorgeous, with updated rooms and the best breakfast in Como. The bathroom in the room is modern and beautiful, but one of the best updates is the room key. Just hold it in front of the door to scan and unlock, then place it in a reader on the wall inside the room. It turns the lights on, and shuts them off automatically when you remove the key when you leave. No more feeling guilty if you left the lights on!
However, the main reason I enjoy my time at the Palace is the staff. They say that to find the best local spots, ask a local. What they mean is, ask at the front desk at the Palace. They are friendly and knowledgeable, and know the best places to dine and visit in the area. They are always willing to spend time discussing your needs, and making suggestions accordingly. You never feel that you are being rushed, rather you are talking to a friend who happens to work there.
Above and beyond does not begin to describe how helpful the front desk staff are. On my last trip, my travelling companion discovered that she had left a drawing she had purchased in the car that took us to the airport (that the front desk so kindly arranged for us). We did not realize this until we had checked in for our flights. I called the front desk and explained our problem. She understood and told me she would call me back. Within five minutes, I received a call from the Palace informing me that they had spoken with the driver, made arrangements for him to return the artwork to the hotel, and that they would ship it to me at home. No worries. This is the type of caring and efficiency I have grown to love from the Palace.
What can I say? Beautiful property, central location, phenomenal people. Why would I go anywhere else?

Room Tip: Room view doesn't matter; lake view on one side, the Duomo on the other. Either way is a winner...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Joseph S
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our brand new rooms. I will proudly share your thoughts with my cherished team. Your positive feedback is very encouraging. We are always ready to help a guest when in need. We aim to deliver excellent service at all times.
As you said, why go elsewhere? Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Ankara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed Palace Hotel on July 2011. The room was clean but out of date.

Now rooms are renovated in the main building. So very moody and comfortable... Especially lake view room. Excellent.... Maybe best in Como Town.

Receptionists are working efficiently. Warm welcome, helpful, friendly, well concierge services. They are professionals.

Breakfast is tasteful and wide range. Various foods and beverages are fresh and daily.

It's very easy to access public transportation, Como Nord Lago Train Station, (Milano or Malpensa) San Giovanni Train Station (Milano or Chiasso-Lugano), Local buses and ferry boats to Tremezzo, Varenna, Bellagio, Menaggio.

On the other hand you can access by foot, many cafes, restaurants, gift shops and clothing stores in the old city. Especially Friday and Saturday nights, streets are colorful.
After renovation I strongly recommend this hotel. Best choice in Como Town.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms
3 Thank Capital06
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our brand new rooms. As you mentioned we are now back as the top hotel in Como. I will gladly share your thoughts with my cherished team. Your positive feedback is very encouraging.
Hoping to welcome you back in the future,
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We travel annually to Lake Como as for us it is heaven on earth. Como is like a second home to us. And The Palace Hotel is like a second residence for us. We love it for its central location in Como across from the boat dock (the way to explore the lake) and for being adjacent to the charming old town and for rail connections. We love the staff here. They are the most pleasant and helpful people that you will ever find in a hotel. Their English language is excellent and they go above and beyond. This place has gotten much better as a 100% room renovation has just occurred, The rooms are tastefully done and modern. Excellent layout in the bathroom accommodates your toiletries, shavers, etc.. with a great shower. It is new, it is quiet, it is functional, the room is dark, the bed is comfortable, and you sleep great. The breakfast buffet is high quality and offers many choices and is served in an elegant room and again the staff is exceptional. This hotel has it all: great service, great rooms, great location, and great people. It is a great value and you feel like a King at The Palace Hotel. We already made our reservation for next year at The Palace Hotel in beautiful Como, Italy.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible with a lake view.
3 Thank Gary003
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our brand new rooms. I will gladly share your kind compliments with my cherished team. Your very positive feedback is greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to welcome you back next year.
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We recently stayed 3 nights in Como, the Palace hotel is in the perfect location. The ferry terminal is just across the road and there are lots of restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast was included in our stay and was very good with a selection of pastries as well as eggs, smoked salmon etc.. Our room was beautiful with a great view over the lake, the bed was very comfortable and with luxurious linen. All the staff were very helpful and spoke good english. Even though the price was at the top end of our budget it was well worth it in this very romantic part of the world. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a room with lake views after all you are in Como.
1 Thank Jens A
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our brand new rooms. I will gladly share your thoughts with my team. Your positive feedback is very encouraging.
Hoping to welcome you back in the future,
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for only one night in early May. It was beautiful. We had an older room but it was spacious and clean. My mom's first comments were how much she loved Italian sheets! It was very quiet. It was a short pretty walk to the restaurants. Would have loved to stay longer!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Joanne S
gmbarchetta, Direttore at Palace Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and positive feedback.

Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We booked this hotel, because it seemed to be central and had a garden. It was exactly as described. We had a lovely view of the lake through the trees. The bathroom was very large, and off the entrance lobby, rather than the room, which gave a spacious feel. The room too was very spacious, and we had a comfortable queen size bed. The hotel was in fact a few minutes from Nord Largo Station, the ferry terminal, the historic town and the shops, so perfectly situated. Breakfasts were excellent - fruit, yogurt, different breads, cold meat, smoked salmon, cheese, and a cooked breakfast, served in a beautiful dining room with paintings and chandeliers. We liked the garden cafe. We didn't have any drinks from the minibar, because we thought them too expensive, and it would have been nice to have had coffee and tea in the room. Also, they would have charged us to use their computer, which I thought was a bit mean, but apart from this, it was a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, and even with the windows open it was very quiet.
1 Thank radiobuff
gmbarchetta, Direttore at Palace Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,
very pleased to read that you had a very enjoybale stay with us at the Palace Hotel. We have recently upgraded our breakfast and I appreciate your positive feedback. I will share your compliments with my team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future,
The manager