Just came back from a bank holiday stay in Como and stayed at the Palace Hotel. Overall, very satisfied with the stay.
- Very central location. Everything is easily within walking distance - boats, shopping area, bars, duomo - and the Como Nord Lago station (which will take you to the Cadorna stop in Milan) is literally just around the corner.
- Great staff. Everyone we spoke to at the hotel was very friendly and immensely helpful.
- Beautiful building. Right on the lakeside, the building is very impressive and classic.
Minuses (very minor minuses!):
- We had a room facing the duomo, which got a little noisy on occasion (which was no fault of the hotel given Juventus had just won Serie A title).
- Rooms are a little bit dated, but this didn't really affect us in any direct way.More