“Old town, value for money, special charm”

Bed and Breakfast Storico
Ranked #46 of 58 Como B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a good option for those who want to save money. We have stayed here for the second time. Situated in the old part of Como town, in walking distance from all 3 railway stations, 5 mins walk from the lake. B&B on the last 4th floor. No elevator, so if you have large suitcases, it is better to make a call at the bottom to ask for help. The rooms are not large, but fairly clean. Only 4 rooms. Each has its own bathroom. There is a free wifi, printer, tee, coffee. Breakfast is served with croissants, ham and cheese. Apples and oranges are always available during the day. The hotel is quiet. It's not bad value for money for Como, since here quite expensive hotels. Cons: the weather this April was cool, heating in the hotel was gone and the room was quite cold.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anton S

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Simply amazing B&B inside the historic center of Como.
(be careful there is no access with the car unless you get special permission)
Great place with attention to details.
The stuff extremely friendly too.
I ''ll let the photos speak for their shelf.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The b&b Storico is a cosy albergo located in the historical section of Como within the walls. The room meets all of your requirements and the owner, Marco and Santo can't do enough for you. They provide info about what to do and see in Como and in the other towns around the lake. They provide substantial breakfast, meats, eggs, cheese, juice, coffee etc which gives you a good start to the day. Marco also owns the L'Antica Trattoria which is close by. I can tell you that the meal was perfect. We had tenderloin with pancetta and a fantastic sauce. The server recommended a fantastic wine from this region. We are staying here as I write this review. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I had to visit Como for a research collaboration in the area. I was very fortunate to have a local friend find B & B Storico for me. The rooms were very nice and extremely large, especially relative to my other experiences in Europe. The owner was very helpful in working with my early meeting constraints and accomodating my students who were traveling with me. Como is beautiful, the food was great, and B&B Storico allowed me to really relax.

Room Tip: If you have a large party there is a 3 bed room with a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed a week at B&B Storico and had a very enjoyable time. Marco is very enthusiastic to make sure his guests have the best possible experience, and he puts together a nice breakfast every morning. The rooms are spacious, modern, and give good views of the Como streets. The location is great too - just inside the Como wall, it's centrally located between the lake/Duomo and the train station (all are within about a 15 minute walking radius). I imagine you'd have a hard time finding better accommodations in Como for the price. We'd stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I didn't get to see the other rooms, but we stayed on the 4th floor which I think was a bit quie...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and family enjoyed a night at B&B Storico. Owner Marco was very accommodating making our one-night stay enjoyable. He made us espresso as soon as we arrived and the next day when we left he let us leave our luggage in one of the rooms while we did a last-minute train ride to Lugano and back before heading to Milano.

Pros: Location was perfect and rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Owner was very accommodating.

Cons: Bathroom towels are old and room smelled a little musty at first. Maybe because it was raining so hard in the area.

Tip: There is no elevator, however, we had no problem with stairs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Me and my wife spent just a single night at B&B Storico, but we could experienced a cool atmosphere, very well located, confortable, very clean and cozy room. The owners, Marco and Ticiane are so kind and friendly. The breakfast is simple, but very nice and good quality stuff. If you are looking for full service Hotel, this is not the place, but if you are looking for something afordable and cool, but still with good quality and friendly service, B&B Storico is your option in Como.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business