“This could be a gem but its not.”

Albergo Terminus Hotel
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Como
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days. I booked of Internet and had photos of a nice suite on arrival I was told this is not your room that is another suite (much lessor than the one I paid for). As I was paying €430 per night an aging 2 room offering was not acceptable after a little argument at reception they agreed to give us a better suite. The new suite was very large a great views of lake como. As per my heading this could be a gem.

I have never stayed in a suite that has so many things broken. The bath tub was broken. Wr had a laundry which wad great but the dryer was broken and so was yhe iron and ironing board. I fixed the dryer and the iron which just needed some repairs. The television remote was broken and no dish washing tablets were provided.
This would not be a problem if room service cleaned the glasses but they did not. We were 3 and only hot 1 towel on one of the cleans.

I hope they get better as I really liked the location.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 4, 2014

very good localization, excellent service, very good breakfast, parking.
it is kind of boutique hotel, with good decoration, very clean.
located downtown, near restaurants, shops, night life, monuments...

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank bertini7
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Excellent service, very friendly staff. Lovely breakfast. Good location.
The cheaper rooms face the back yard but the price is reasonable for the hotel quality.
In a sunny day you can have breakfast out in the yard and the breakfast is served until 11 am.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a very nice hotel directly across from the lake, and right in the heart of town. The bathrooms were modern, and the beds were comfortable. Staff was good. The hotel is about 5 minutes (by taxi) from the train station. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel in May-June for two nights. We arrived with a rental car from Milan airport becuase of the train strike that took place in Italy. The hotel showed us a parking place but did not mention any costs. Two nights parking were 85€ so it was quite expensive. They could have mentioned it beforehand.

But apart from that the hotel and our room was lovely and the staff is friendly. The breakfast was really good as well. We had a bottle of wine at the restaurant terrace and it was a great experience. The hotel is also close to the lake and close to the train station.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We arrived in the city of Como and found our hotel, Albergo Terminus, across the road from Lake Como. Our bathroom facilities were not adequate for me. I could wheel in to the shower but it was difficult to get on the small seat in the corner, attached to the wall. I struggled to use the shower in our room. We spoke to the person on reception. He was very helpful and arranged for a plastic chair to use next time, which made it much easier. The toilet had a small horizontal rail on the side and a long rail behind the toilet. When we settled in, we went for a walk to the city square and had something to eat. We were disappointed that the courtyard café area of the hotel was inaccessible. Our room was very comfortable and was close to the lift. We had a delicious buffet breakfast each morning. Our hotel was centrally located with only a short walk to the cathedral and the square, across the road from the Lake, and not far to the Funicolare. We had a day trip on Lake Como and another day a drive to Lake Maggiore which we also cruised. There are many restaurants close to our hotel and it is lovely just to walk around the lake.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Room 300.
The only room that Faces the lake - a double window. The PRIVATE terrace is larger than the room.

I have stayed at this hotel over the last two years, over a dozen times and each time found something wonderful and special I had not noticed before. The team knows me by name or at least, by face and I am greeted like visiting Royalty - so please understand that as you read my glowing review.

We started in room 204 - the Jewel Box - It is small and faces the courtyard but when you close the long silk drapes at night - well it is still my favorite.

We have faced the Piazza Cavour, where the Ferry and all activity occurs. This is a great perch to watch the sun fade over the mountain and reflect on the lake. This room was so wonderful that I got nothing done in Como as I just wanted to play in the bathtub.

Most recently, we had a hotel emergency and needed a last minute stay - Room 300.
I had no idea this existed and will request it going forward. It was raining on our evening but we still got to enjoy a private drink on our private terrace with our private umbrella.

The Breakfast team, led by Grace, is the best in the city. Always there with a beautiful and welcoming smile - and an engaged team to help you start your day.

The Bar Terme team - an terrific restaurant that has the most splendid outdoor space. I love it in the winter when there are just 15 tables and you MUST book to get in - even when you are staying in the hotel as it is just that fabulous. And the wine list and the Osso Buco. So many great dishes on the menu that I love going night after night.

The location - fantastico! Two minute NYC walk from the Como train station. A cab ride to the other train station I believe it's called Santa Anna. Ferry is a three minute walk - I'm giving you time to check out the new fountain in Piazza Cavour. Buses and Taxi's there too. Five minute walk to the Brunate Funiculare - unless you stop to feed the ducks and swans - add 5.
You are just in front of the lake - separated by the main road - and some current construction.

Front desk - I tend to stampede a hotel with requests, needs and confusion. It starts with "where can I get" and ends with "do you have." I have yet to stump this team. My Italian is dramatic with no nouns - so we work in their English. From airport pick ups to lost luggage retrieval to hot flash solutions to hospital visit (yes), they have been incredibly helpful.

This is a small hotel and the breakfast room is a wonderful gathering spot where friendships develop.
I have been known to settle into a book in the front lobby and on the second floor. If someone from Bar Terme sees me in the grand room, sometimes I have a cocktail or two with my reading - especially if it's raining.

I will be back....later this month....hoping to get room 300 on a sunny day!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stylelust
Also consider these accommodations in or near Como
Palace Hotel
#1 of 2 in Moltrasio
Borgovico Hotel
Borgovico Hotel
#1 of 32 in Como

Been to Albergo Terminus Hotel? Share your experiences!