“a must..”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Best pizza in town, great presentation, almond shaped, crispy base yummy toppings..I think every table had a least one person eating one the night we visited!
Downstairs the bar was crammed with young adults enjoying the apertivo..this would have to be a not to be missed restaurant/bar in Como.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

the Riva Cafe is one of my favourite restaurant in Como, with its magical atmosphere and its delicious food (expecially the pizza).
the staff is very friendly and nice, the owners is s very nice person, always ready to chat with the people.
I'll return there as soon as possible!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This restaurant is upstairs from the bar and well worth a visit. The bar downstairs serves wonderful aperitivo (free food set out on the bar for you to help yourself) and is always really busy with a great atmosphere but the pizzas served in the restaurant upstairs are to die for! They are enormous oblong pieces of paradise - very thin crust and vast choice of toppings. We would return here every time.

1  Thank linda_fromscotland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Riva was just around the corner from our hotel, and given the good reviews here, an easy choice. But we nearly didn't make it to the restaurant. To get to the restaurant proper, you have to pass through a bar and up stairs. Well the bar was absolutely pumping, and the plentiful nibbles on the counter looked mouth-wateringly good. Had we been 30 years younger (to fit in with the crowd) that would have been as far as we got.

But up the stairs we went, and into a largish room with a few other diners there. Once again it didn't take long for this space to fill up; usually a sure sign of a good restaurant. Most people seemed to order pizza, and Riva does pizza very well. My wife ordered one and was very satisfied. I opted for mutton/lamb on skewers. Tiny morsels of lightly flavoured and barbequed lamb on about 20 sticks tested my stomach capacity to the limit. Food was excellent, the local wine good also.

My only complaint and it's a very minor one, is their choice of music while eating. While we were there they had a CD of cover songs. To a 70's tragic like myself, he sound of unknown artists absolutely butchering great songs by the Rolling Stones, Queen, and even Michael Jackson was almost more than I could bear. But eventually the music faded into the background and I enjoyed an eminently enjoyable meal.

1  Thank westendgaz
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was one of many visits to this restaurant. Happy hour at the weekends, at 7pm gives you a drink of choice and a many different amuse bouche, including shrimp salads, fresh fruit, great cheese, and other goodies...terrific value.
Restaurant upstairs serves the most beautiful gnocchi with saffron sauce, the texture and taste was the best. The pizzas were stunning as usual, and the steak was well cooked and presented...Love the atmosphere and will always return.