4 people are viewing this hotel
$111
Free cancellation until 12/17/21
$120
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$105
Free cancellation until 12/17/21
Expedia.com$118
Official Hotel$132
Hotels.com$118
All reviews great location old town hotel location balcony lake boat bellagio
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice room on the corner of the first floor. It was quite modern and rather nicely appointed. We had a great view of Lake Como. We were disturbed briefly by loud people walking underneath our window. The room lacked a coffee maker. The bathroom was great. We had breakfast and one dinner included and the food was great.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2017

Large rooms with a good sized balcony overlooking the lake. Staff were helpful and despite the wet weather as we arrived, the hotel was warm and welcoming. Car parking was at an extra cost at their sister hotel within a 5 minute walk. This position was convenient for all facilities, restaurants, shops and ferries. For the 10 days we were in Italy this was by far the most expensive hotel with a disappointing breakfast due to limited full buffet selection.

Room tip: Lake view adds to this experience
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank AustraliaJanet
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed five nights here as a solo traveller on a first visit o Como. At the desk they asked if I would like an upgrade to a Lakeview room for a reduced excess of 20 euro per day. I said yes as I dint want to be looking at an alley in a location like Como. The balcony made it possible to get fabulous photos of the lake and foreshore activity and enabled the happy sounds of the piazza in sunshine to waft into my room.
While the decor of the hotel is dated and a bit sterile, the standard and service cannot be faulted. Wonderful linens, perfect cleanliness, attentive restaurant and bar service.
The breakfast is included in the tariff and is magnificent. My only negative comment is that the American coffee tasted like it was instant but this really doesn't matter unless you are in a rush as you can ask for any espresso, macchiato, cappuccino etc you want and get it freshly made. Strawberries as a fruit option, smoked salmon and Brie, several kinds of cakes and pastries, yoghurts all yummy.
I booked half board so this included a three course meal each evening in my tariff. Mostly these dishes were superb, and I loved the salads and soup with quinoa and CIA seeds. The fish dish was pretty uninspiring as was the Oslo bucolic which was tough and I think quickly fried rather than slow cooked for hours but the desserts, starters and primi piatti were all fabulous.
. I really enjoyed the treat as it wasn't cheap given the Aussie exchange rate. But it was worth every cent. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank LolaTS52
GM_PAL_HBE, General Manager at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Dear LolaTS52,
thank you very much for posting a review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will gladly share your thoughts with my treasured team. Thank you so much for the compliments and for highlighting many aspects of the hotel: location, lake view, cleanliness and excellent quality and service at breakfast and dinner.
We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!
Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2017

Room was clean and serviced well. The location of this hotel is brilliant, central to Como and walking distance to shops/eateries. I had a front facing room which had a beautiful view out to the Lake.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear LexDaw,
thank you very much for posting a review! We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior. The positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will gladly share your thoughts with my cherished team.
Kind regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2017

It is situated right in the centre of Como. You can walk from it to just everywhere. Parking is a block away in a hotel nearby and is convenient nevertheless.

Rooms: A bit dated but very comfortable. Bedding is good. Toilette is perfectly adequate. TV selection is also good.

Facilities: I didn't have the breakfast included in rate so I can't say. Wifi was free and of quality.

The hotel has good and helpful staff, and there are dozens of restaurants and cafes within easy walking distance enabling you to enjoy Como. You can even walk to the Foniculare to get a wider view of Lake Como and surroundings.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank EZT
GM_PAL_HBE, General Manager at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Dear EZT,
thank you very much for posting a review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will gladly share your thoughts with my cherished team. Thank you for the compliments!
Sorry to hear you missed out on breakfast, all our rates do actually include this service.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Kind regards,