Lowest prices for your stay
$120
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 12/06/21
Expedia.com$120
Hotels.com$120
travelup.com$155
All reviews great location old town hotel location balcony lake boat bellagio
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

I stayed two night in Como and enjoyed my time here. Breakfast was included and was a nice buffet. Staff was upmost comforting and friendly! Definitely nice place. I had a view of the lake which made the time that much more pleasant. Recommend this place!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
GM_HBE_PAL, Direttore at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

Dear ECMOrlando_Florida,
thank you for posting a review. I am very pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for highlighting the friendly staff and stunning lake views, definitely two of our major features. I will gladly share your compliments with my cherished team.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Big mistake to choose this hotel hoping to get service of a 4 star hotel. Exterior of an industrial building and interior of the very basic hotel. There is nothing special in the room design: cream walls without any pictures, old furniture, basic linens. Bathroom is also very basic. Air conditioner unit is dirty so we switched it off not to breeze dust. When we arrived after a long journey and just want to to relax we took off the bed cover and found long black hair on the pillow and holes on the top linen - not very welcoming. You wouldn't find even one small bottle of complementary water in the room. Mini bar wasn't filled according to the list in the room and we have to inform the reception about it so we don't have to pay for something we didn't drink. Also it's not a first time we decide to celebrate a special occasion and we always get a small complementary present for a birthday or wedding anniversary but this hotel has nothing to offer to their guests ( I asked by email if they can offer anything for my husband's birthday - nothing was mentioned or offered)
The breakfast deserves a good word, nice coffee, freshly baked croissants are very delicious, fresh fruits are tasty. Pity that the view from the restaurant was blocked by a book fair on the piazza Cavour but I don't think hotel can do anything about it ).

So if you are willing to pay 200-300 euro a night for a VERY basic hotel room with the view on the lake I would say go for it ))) myself I think that I've made a mistake. Absolutely not a 4 star hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
GM_HBE_PAL, Direttore at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear V_Natalia_L,
thank you for posting a review. I was most disappointed when reading about your experience. Allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for our shortcomings as we have not reached the highest levels of standards you expected from us. We normally pride ourselves on the excellent comments received about our friendly and attentive service. Cleanliness is also one of our strong points, I am very sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. We have taken immediate action to resolve the challenges and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to experience first hand the improvements. I am confident in our ability to delight you on your next visit.
You are more than welcome to contact me directly as it would be a pleasure to assist you while ensuring a flawless stay.
Kindest regards,
Robert Webber

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

We chose to stay in Como based on how easy it is to get to. There are 2 train stations in Como and it is a quick easy ride from Milan. The Barchetta Excelsior is on the best spot on the lake in Como right in the middle of town. Spring for a lake view room - the view is spectacular. The hotel itself and rooms are bit tired, spartan and charmless. But that is my only complaint with the hotel. The front desk staff are terrific and went above and beyond to make this a great stay. There is also a nice breakfast each morning.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

The Barchetta is very well located in Como a stone's throw from the lake. Also located near the railway station for travellers arriving by train. Our room was clean and well appointed and well serviced each morning. The complimentary breakfast each morning was more than adequate. The hotel location provides easy pedestrian access to the lake, old town centre, shops and a wide range of restaurants/bars. Only a 1 min walk from the Duomo. Staff were friendly and polite. Recommended

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Simon R,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to know you had a lovely stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior. Your positive feedback and kind compliments are greatly appreciated. I will be happy to share your thoughts with my cherished team.
Hoping to welcoming you back in the future!
Kind regards

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights during our honeymoon trip.
As we had driven in the staff advised us of where to park (nearby hotel) and a spot was given to us then and there. Parking was 16 euros a day.
Staff at reception were lovely and helpful especially with bringing our bags up as mine was severely damaged in the flight.
Our room was very spacious as was the bathroom. For our honeymoon they made swans out of towel which was very cute and a nice way to have our honeymoon acknowledged by them.
The breakfast was nice, had fresh fruit, cereals, cold meats and hot. We were also able to order coffees such as cappuccino.
Again, staff were very friendly and lovely...oh and the view from the breakfast room is amazing!!

Hotel itself is centrally located to some of the best restaurants and gelato bars.
Definitely recommend this hotel

Thank you for making our stay so pleasant!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 009Mrs_S
GM_HBE_PAL, Direttore at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Very pleased to know you had a lovely stay with us at the Barchetta Excelsior on such a special occasion. Your positive feedback and kind compliments are greatly appreciated. Happy to share your thoughts
with my treasured team.
Hoping to welcoming you back in the near future!
Kind regards