“Such an easy location”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Como
Maitland, Australia
“Such an easy location”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as we wanted a view of lake como and somwhere that was easy to get to. The hotel deleiverd on both fronts. We stayed for 3 nights and throughly enjoyed it. It was so easy to get the ferry or just wandrr the streets of como. We had to park our car at a near by sister hotel which worked out fine.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Como
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my family, the location and staff make this hotel. It has lake views, the boats and buses are are both right outside. The train station is only a few mins walk too.
Cosimo was a star make great efforts to accommodate us and my son, with food and things that were not part of the normal menu. And local knowledge.

The downsides, hotel does need up dating the rooms are looking a bit tired, but always kept clean and sheets and towels changed everyday.
The internet was only available in the lobby and was pretty poor and that is if you can get logged on. You can get it in your room but it is chargeable.

But all in all a good hotel with a great location for all that Como has to offer. And the hotel staff make a huge difference, so much so I can overlook the other issues that the hotel has as they made our stay so much easier and more pleasant.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Hightower257
GM_HBE_PAL, Direttore at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Hightower,
thank you very much for your kind review. I am very pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the outstanding service. I will proudly share your compliments with my cherished team.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My family all enjoyed our stay at the Barchetta Excelsior very much. The rooms were in good order with quiet air conditioning. The towels and sheets were changed every day, which was great as the weather was so hot. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was the best we could have asked for - right near the ferries and buses also not far from the Duomo.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have a lake view room - what a view!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ev52
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I booked this hotel having stayed there before and I knew what I was booking. I had three rooms this trip and two were with balconies facing the water and one was not, it made me realise that the real big thing this hotel has is its location. The staff were helpful. The breakfast was good.
You are right on the lake with the old town seconds from the door. I would stay there again as really the location is the best and although the hotel is getting tired it is still a lovely hotel.
I have given this hotel 3 stars as I feel it is over priced as a hotel but it is not over priced as a location!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GM_HBE_PAL, Direttore at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Elizabeth,
thank you very much for your recent review. I am very pleased you chose Barchetta once again for your stay in Como. I also appreciate your sincerity and I have noted your comments.
Looking forward to your next visit,
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I can't stress enough just how good the staff have been. Laura and Valentina and Luca for front of house were excellent. Always friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Cosimo was another star make great efforts to accommodate us and my son. Chat and help us out with food and info. Just Wonderful. The only downsides I would say that that hotel does need up dating and the internet was only available in the lobby and was hit and hit at best. You can get it in your room but it is chargeable.
The beds were firm up ok for me

But all in all and excellent hotel with brilliant staff, close to all you need in Como.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Martin H
GM_HBE_PAL, Direttore at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Martin H,
thank you very much for your wonderful review. Your compliments are greatly appeciated and I will proudly share them with my cherished team.
Looking forward to your next stay with us!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

A great hotel right in the centre of Como with great views overlooking the lake and very good breakfast. We stayed for three nights. The only downside was that we had to pay for the wifi which was only available in the lobby and was very slow and unreliable. We only discovered on our last day that we could access free wifi in the town square just outside the hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Paul M
Reviewed August 4, 2014

stayed on business in Lake Como and this hotel was already picked for me, however, I would go back every time.
Staff very friendly and pleasant to deal with.
Breakfast not the biggest choice, but all seemed very fresh and room clean and tidy.
Lunch in hotel was very nice. Choose the dish of the day which was excellent.

Hotel is very central to the town and great views over the Lake.

Rooms very tidy, clean and quiet at night.

Room Tip: Ask for Lake View on booking.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business