Have just returned from a week at Hotel Barchetta Excelsior in Como Italy. We were very happy with the accommodation - very clean - bed linen changed every day - room well supplied with toiletries - there should be a grab rail for the shower - we had lake view rooms - was spectacular - couldn't believe eyes when walked into room - beautiful views - overlooking main Piazza Cavour with lots going on to watch - close the windows and there is perfect silence - amazing - very very comfortable bed - breakfast was fine with extensive choice - nice dining area but no fried eggs - good range of fresh food though - the hotel staff are probably the friendliest we have ever encountered - breakfast and reception staff were so helpful it was incredible - nothing was too much trouble - if you have your own device, you can get Wi-Fi in the lobby free but if not, and you have to use the hotel's machine at 5 euros an hour, then it is painfully slow and you keep getting stopped frequently and the system queries a software certificate and locks you out - this was the worst experience of the hotel - another possible improvement would be the seating in the lobby - there is a lounge in the lobby area adjacent to the restaurant - we saw very few people in the restaurant but there were never enough seats in the lounge - maybe some of the restaurant area could be used for the lounge - the existing lounge seats were not best positioned for maximum use and we could not get a seat sometimes - these were the only two improvements we can suggest - in all other things, the hotel was excellent - in its central position, its breakfast, reception, its chambermaid service - its staff - everything - we had a great holiday in this hotel in Como which is a city very well worth visiting. Finally, the hotel is very close to departure point for boat trips - just a point - you get your tickets for all boat trips at the one ticket office at the pier and they tell you what landing stage (pontile) to go to - we visited Bellagio, Menaggio and lastly Tremezzo where we took the hop-on hop-off train to Lenno and hence boat back to Como. Our experience - excellent hotel and Como was great for us. Take the funiculare up to Brunate!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hotel Barchetta Excelsior you are surrounded by beauty: the villas with their gardens, art exhibitions, silk outlets, boutiques, romantic boat trips, renowned golf clubs. The only hotel in Como with over 50 rooms facing the lake offering a breathtaking view of one of the world's most beautiful sceneries. The hotel is located a few steps from the Cathedral and from the city center and close to the shopping area. Every single moment you spend in Como will be unique and unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Barchetta Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barchetta Excelsior Como
- Barchetta Excelsior Hotel Como
- Hotel Barchetta Excelsior Como, Italy - Lake Como