We stayed 4 days as a leisurely stop before leaving Italy. Como is a lovely city, hotel very convenient to EVERYTHING. Upgraded to a balcony room, worth every euro with lake views esp at night. Reception staff efficient and friendly.
We were offered a "deal" for the restaurant on the first night, went for the next 2 nights, excellent 5 star food and service. Cosmo , the maître d' is so precessional, friendly , courteous, knowledgeable ..a great asset to the hotel.
Agree that WiFi is very disappointing , even in lobby does not work well and room charges are exorbitant especially when we had excellent free lobby wifi in a little 3 star hotel in Monterosso. For a big hotel upgrade needed.
Our room furnishings were getting a little tired but it was a large comfortable room with all amenities. A great stay in Como
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hotel Barchetta Excelsior you are surrounded by beauty: the villas with their gardens, art exhibitions, silk outlets, boutiques, romantic boat trips, renowned golf clubs. The only hotel in Como with over 50 rooms facing the lake offering a breathtaking view of one of the world's most beautiful sceneries. The hotel is located a few steps from the Cathedral and from the city center and close to the shopping area. Every single moment you spend in Como will be unique and unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Barchetta Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barchetta Excelsior Como
- Barchetta Excelsior Hotel Como
- Hotel Barchetta Excelsior Como, Italy - Lake Como