“fantastic setting alongside the lake”
Review of Hotel Villa Flori

Hotel Villa Flori
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Como
Reviewed June 20, 2014

this wonderful hotel is set at the border of the lake Como and offers beautiful views of the lake. it is situated in an old mansion which is beautifully restorated. The staff is very professional and helpful. Rooms are spacious, quiet ( if you have a lakeside room). Our bathroom was somewhat unusual because of the bathtub being in the bathroom, but this did not bother us too much.
Television channels somewhat limited, as is often the case in Italy. Mainly Italian channels, not much other choice. Good restaurant, very good breakfast buffet.
The hotel is outside of the city, so will need car or take the ferry nextdoor to get to the centre ( 5 minutes transfer by boat across the lake). Not the cheapest hotel in the area, but to be recommended !

Room Tip: take a room with view on the lake !
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller123Brussels
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Flori

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Villa Flori is an oasis of calm overlooking beautiful Lake Como. The staff was very accommodating and eager to make our stay perfect. We were warmly greeted by Michela and she made sure throughout our stay that we would have excellent dinner reservations and taxis when we needed them. Our room was small by American standards but comfortable and the ceilings are very high so it's not as noticeable. The bathroom was very nice with marble floors and all new fixtures. The maid service keeps everything sparkling clean!. Besides the incredible view of the lake, our room had a blackout blind that automatically covered your sliding glass door so the early morning light reflecting off the water wouldn't awaken you! Our bed was two twins pushed together and if I was going to complain about anything, it would be that. There is a lovely bar in the hotel with one of the best bartenders I've encountered. Marco takes making a cocktail to a whole new level of thoughtfulness and care. Besides being delicious they are beautiful to look at! The hotel is within walking distance of the boat taxis and definitely Belaggio. We did walk to Como, but it takes a good 20 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We are just now staying in Villa Flori and we enyoi it very much. The hotel is situated outside Como on the way to Cernobbio and directly on the border of Lake Como. Our room has a magnificent view on the lake. The room is very good, the lobby is very nice and in the terrace bar you sit outside sipping your drink and overlook the lake. Perfect breakfast an last but not least Restaurant Raimundi with Michelin star quality. Go to this location when you visit Como.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Wim P
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights with my spouse. The room was small, but the view was really nice (as it would be from any other hotel in the area). The infrastructure is ok and clean, but the garage is not well kept and if you have a car bigger than a Mini, you will struggle to fit in their spaces. When we arrived it was raining and the entrance to the parking was flooded. We had to soak our shoes in the water to leave the garage and nothing justifies the 25 Euros/day they charge. In the evening I asked for a bath robe after the gym and they told me that they only gave them to the Junior suites, which is unacceptable for a 4 Star hotel. I even offered to pay for it and the guy at the reception said "sorry, in your room you will not get it".
The rooms are noisy. The hotel is not far from Como, but it is next to a high traffic road that you can feel even if you have a lake side room.
Their Fitness is a small room with a treadmill and a bike plus a bench. Not worth a visit.
The staff at the reception was quite unfriendly. Apart from the experience with the Bathrobe, the last day I asked one of the ladies at the reception to keep the magnetic card and she was really rude and told me that even if I lost it I would have to ay 10 euros for it (seriously, its a plastic card). I am a frequet traveller. I have been litterally in hundreds of hotels in more than 40 countries (I am not bluffing, you can check my profile), and I use to collect these cards. This is the first time that this happens to me. Specially after paying more than 1000 USD for the two nights we spent there. I think the way the lady reacted was what bothered me the most, she was quite rude and she said "well, it is like this here and you cannot have the card". Really, the staff has lots to learn. I know how to recognise a 4 stars hotel and basically it's the service what makes the difference in most cases. Thist may look like a 4 Star...but they treat you like a 2 stars. With all the options around the lake I will keep going back to lake Como, but I would never come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the lake side and on 3-4th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Toret8
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great place to Stay , well located, easy to find, close to some very Nice restaurants.
Good room, Great view!
Very Nice breakfast , you can take it in the garden , next to the Lake.
Place to Park the Car , is a Plus. Went there in 2011.

1  Thank Pedroparracho7
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Such a wonderful location on lake Como as one of the few hotels with rooms and balconies right above the water. The room we had was much larger than typical European room and the bed and shower - to me, 2 of the most important aspects - we new, clean and excellent.

The hotel also has a great bar with water views.

Our biggest surprise was the restaurant. We always avoid hotel restaurants as the food is usually overpriced and mediocre. We gave it a shot based on reviews here and I have to say that dinner here was the best dinner we had all week. The food was just excellent and the service was simply outstanding - maybe the best service we've experienced in Europe while living here the last 3 years. Of course, the outdoor table view of the lake was fantastic.

The boat dock for the lake taxis is only 500 meters from the hotel and there is free parking available there. The hotel will charge 25 euro/day otherwise. Note, however, that the servizio rapido only leaves from Como so you will need to boat over to the Como launch if you want the fastest route to Bellaggio or Varenna.

Highly recommended and quite the bargain during the off season!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are a bit larger and have a slightly better view of the lake.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

a hidden gem and really superlative for a on lake property. the rooms and the property is terrific. the restaurant and the food needs improvement and they need to enhance the vegetarian menu options, but regardless you have to stay here to really enjoy lake como.

Room Tip: take a higher lake facing room and enjoy true bliss.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Como
Palace Hotel
Metropole Suisse Hotel
Villa d'Este
Villa d'Este
#1 of 7 in Cernobbio

Been to Hotel Villa Flori? Share your experiences!