“Good for short break....” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Villa Flori
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Como
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Good for short break....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everything is good only Reception service was normal with 50 50 attitude. The hotel no room service if hungry as i suggest to prepare your own food and the hotel breakfast not much to choose even a room service at night as they only serve " burger " when i stay during that time. Room and view was relax and nice... Suggest to stay one night for a break on summer.

Room Tip: Try Suites room as very nice and with good view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Springfield, Missouri, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Upon arrival, they did not offer valet parking to us. First time ever driving in Italy. Then, they finally got a bell person to assist with luggage and he showed up covered in sweat, sleeves rolled up showing his arms covered in tattoos. The restaurant was always closed so no room service. The rooms were so small for such a large price tag. The view was spectacular. When we asked about recommendations to eat, they pointed down the road and said a 20 minute walk. Each time we would walk in, they looked at us like we shouldn't be there. No appreciation at all. Then as we are checking out, my husband goes to get the car, still no offer there, then I personally take out each bag, one by one, 4 total as we were traveling all over Europe for a month, no one offered to assist. They just starred at me, all 3 of the snobby people behind the desk. I have told my travel agent to never use them again for anyone. I will never go back there.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel and stay. Not at this one!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lori W
Samantha D, Direttore at Hotel Villa Flori, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I was very upset to read your review. I personally, with all my staff try to make every guest feel welcomed. I am sorry if you thought the hotel offered a valet parking service, and I just want to explain to you that it is not a service that a four star hotel must offer.
I apologize if it took a few minutes for the bellman to come and help you with your luggage. Really I do not understand the comment about his arms being covered in tattoos; In my opinion the one tattoo he had on his arm was not a problem for anybody as long as he was behaving in a professional manner.
Regarding the size of your room, you booked a Superior room. If you were unsure about the size of the room we would have been happy to advise you about the room or give you an option to change to a bigger room such as a Deluxe room or Junior Suite.
I apologize again if you felt the staff was not welcoming, and that the hotel was not what you were expecting, I hope after my comments you can rethink about our hotel.

Samantha Dell'Ambrogio
Laguna Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The last of the 4 Italian cities we visited. Glorious view (although every hotel in the area is adjacent to the lake, so that's not rare.) Extremely helpful staff. Good breakfasts. We had dinner there - excellent.

If you don't have a computer, you can borrow the hotel's and must use it in their lobby. A uselessly slow device.

The "double-bed" is just two twins on a frame. Noticeable, but not a problem (other hotels have been.)

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
atlanta, ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had high hopes having booked a stay here for my honeymoon. The hotel lobby and grounds are lovely- but the classic room (which we booked) was completely lackluster. The bed is like a board, comprised of two twins pushed together. No feather pillows. No way to make coffee or tea in the room. No bathrobes. For this so called 4-star hotel, a lot is missing. The air conditioning in the rooms blows directly onto the bed, making it a very uncomfortable sleeping experience. When I spoke to the staff about the bed, pillows and the a/c, they just shrugged their shoulders. Worst service I have experienced in Italy. Don't waste your money staying here.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank curlyredatl
Samantha D, Direttore at Hotel Villa Flori, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I just saw your review dated July 13th regarding your disappointing stay in our property. I was very upset to hear all your unhappy comments. I would just like to inform you that our classic rooms are considered a lower category of rooms we have in our property so they do not have the same space and amenities, such as bathrobes, as our Deluxe or Junior Suites. Because the rooms are smaller we are unable to fit a king sized bed in the room (they have two single beds pushed together like all the rooms, and the size is 160 cm instead of 200 cm). I am very sorry that you did not find our beds comfortable, but they are brand new bought from a very nice Italian company. As for the pillows, all of our pillows are hypoallergenic but upon request we have feather pillows. We do not advertise having tea or coffee pots in our rooms, but you were more than welcome to call down to the cafeteria and have it brought to your room in the morning. I spoke with the front desk clerk about your encounter and she told me that she tried to help you, but she was unable to console you enough to understand how you wanted to proceed. I would like to apologize and I wish we could have found a better way to resolve your issues so that your stay could have been more satisfying.
Samantha Dell’Ambrogio
Hotel Manager
Hotel Villa Flori
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Villa Flori is a very nice hotel. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms are pretty large and very clean. The lobby bar has a beautiful terrace overlooking Lake Como. The staff was helpful but we struggled a bit. There was no menu in the room to even know if they had room service. And the hotel is about 500 meters from the boats. Not bad, but a tad bit isolated to restaurants if you just wanted to walk to dinner.

• Stayed July 2013
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I found Hotel Villa Flori simply by looking on Google satellite view of the Como/Cernobbio area of Lake Como. It satisfied our need to be on the southern end of the lake since we would be driving there from Malpensa Airport after a long transoceanic flight. I didn't want to be in the middle of the town of Como, and wanted to visit Villa d'Este while in the area, so the location of Hotel Villa Flori was perfect.

Only one night was enough time to unwind from our trip, but we ended up wishing that we had several days to take it all in. The location literally on the edge of the lake was enchanting and affordered wonderful panoramas from each room. Our room had a small balcony, and we could have sat there for hours just soaking it up. Our room was very small, the bathroom was medium sized but nice. The size of the room wasn't bothersome. Luckily, the rooms had roll down shutters which blocked out the morning sun from shining directly in from the lake. The hallways and rooms were fully carpeted and thus very quiet and insulated from noise. The hotel is situated directly on the main lake shore road on one side, but smartly, there are no rooms on that side.

The lobby area was beautiful and the staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant downstairs had nice outdoor seating and a friendly wait staff. The food was excellent!

Cernobbio was within walking distance, as were other casual dining options. Villa d'Este was a fifteen-twenty minute walk to the north along the lake shore and through Cernobbio.

We would definitely return to Hotel Villa Flori if given a chance to be in southwest Lake Como again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KelekeWahine
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Quiet, refined hotel on the waters edge. A bit out of town but only a short walk to the ferry. We had a corner room with a double balcony which gave us incredible views of the lake. It was wonderful to lay in bed and admire the view in the morning.
The room was small but bright and airy and tastefully decorated. We weren't particularly keen the glass toilet door though! We had a pleasant lunch in the restaurant on one occasion and breakfast was perfectly adequate. We did find a couple of the waiters serving breakfast a little rude and abrupt (one person in particular), however front desk staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. All in all a pleasant stay whilst visiting Como.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Como
Palace Hotel
#3 of 8 in Tremezzina
Hotel Barchetta Excelsior
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Albergo Terminus Hotel

Been to Hotel Villa Flori? Share your experiences!