“Super friendly & great food”

Piazza Roma Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 630 Restaurants in Como
Description: Nel centro di Como dal 04 Maggio 2018 il nuovo ristorante di tradizione italiana con selezione Vegetariana | Vegana In cucina i migliori chef.
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely visit. The wine and food were great. We really can recommend the burrata, beef and leave some space for the cheesecake (may be the best we ever had).

The staff is superfriendly and made the evening even better.

If we visit Como again, will certainly come back.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

Went there with my wife and 1.5 year old son on Easter Sunday. We were there when they were opening and asked if there was a table for 2 and a toddler. The waiter immediately said they were fully reserved. I was surprised to hear that considering it was early. When I told my wife we had to go somewhere else the waiter immediately told me they would be able to sit us outside, which was what we had asked in the first place.
I asked for tap water but he said they only serve bottled water. So I agreed to san Pellegrino. I was sooooooo disappointed when the waiter came back with an OPENED San Pellegrino bottle filled with tap water. And charged 3 euros. How cheap of a fine restaurant is that? Wow.
Anyway, we sat and another waiter came to serve us. Thankfully, he was really polite and eager to help. He even brought us 2 slices of bread and 4 bread sticks, with some olive oil. I later discovered they charged 8 euros each.
As main course we ordered a beef filet for my wife and a pasta plate for me. And 2 glasses of wine.
Both dishes were embarrassingly small portions. My son woke up, so he ate most of my pasta. The beef fillet was very difficult to chew. Not good. Sorry. BAD.
Wine was fine.
Anyway, to sum it up. Really overrated, the water incident is by itself reason to not visit and of course expensive for no reason. Plus embarrassingly small portions.
I literally went for pizza afterwards.
What a pity!

1  Thank DimSak
Reviewed May 2, 2019

What a great place! The decor, the food, the service and the price are exceptional. I think this is by far one of the best impressive and valued meals I have in Italy.

The complementary Prosecco was offered to us when seated. We ordered seafood dishes which were prepared and tasted lovely. We finished with cheesecake and tiramisu which were also excellent. The Limoncello was also complementary to us after meal. It was well priced with great service which makes this experience amazing. The food was well prepared by the talented young chef who is the owner's son. The owner and his other son took charge of waiting and checking on us if we were okay. They were so caring, warm and attentive. It is surprisingly great to have been in the all around great family restaurant in the very touristy town.

Definitely a hidden gem... please keep up the good work and thank you for the lovely experience!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

We just dined at Piazza Roma Ristorante. What a wonderful experience. The owner and his family welcomed us like old friends. Complementary drink, and delightful gourmet food. It’s in a quiet street at the side of the main Piazza. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 24, 2019

We had a wonderful meal, the owner and his son waited on us like we were family. Great wines and the food was fabulous. Grilled octopus app was amazing, as were the pastas and desserts. The complimentary proscecco to start our meal and the limoncello/grappa to finish were very appreciated. Would definitely recommend.