“Great local faire”

Osteria l'Angolo del Silenzio
Ranked #14 of 550 Restaurants in Como
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Closed all day Monday and for lunch on Tuesday.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We tried this place at the reccomendation of the chef at the Marketplace and weren't dissapointed. They have great outdoor seating behind the restaurant. The place is filled with locals and the food is rustic local cusine. I had the wild boar with a cranberry sauce under it and a Roquefort sauce on top. Great contrast and well done.

1  Thank Kevin M

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Don't be fooled by the entry, this place is worth your patronage. We had a fantastic meal here, I'd say it is one of the best meals I've ever had. Great atmosphere, attentive staff and truly wonderful food, what more could you want. This restaurant doesn't seem like a tourist hang-out, the restaurant was full of locals who seemed to be regulars, everyone who entered seemed to know the staff and owner, that to me is a clear sign of a great restaurant. The risotto was amazing!

1  Thank RaymMox
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My Italian friend and business colleague brought me here for lunch (and we had visited before a couple of times over the past years). The food was, as always, superb, and it was nice to see it was frequented by locals and not tourists. I ate the best Pasta e Fagioli I had eaten in my life, and I followed this with grilled sea bass - cooked very simply with potatoes and vegetables, and it was truly delicious. It was too cold to eat outside in the patio, but I hope I will be back again in the summer to experience the good food again

1  Thank carolina46
Reviewed January 19, 2012

THey also have food for ciliac people

don't miss the risotto into the form of parmisan cheese

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Hv been there more than one time and each other time confirmed the good feeling I have got since the beginning. This December I brought a business friend Tuesday evening. It was busy (where is the crisis?) despite the fact we went early and we did not reserve. Having more than one room we found a table for two. The menu is captivating and innovative enough within the tradition of local food. It means one should not expect "exotic" but can expect "different" and the choice is wide. Beside the standard list they have dishes of the day or "raccomandazioni dello chef" that are including not standard listed courses and always interesting to study.
Service is correct although when the place is full may become a bit slow. Wine list is fair, they have local wines and from other parts of Italy mainly (we have got a good Inferno of Valtellina) and prices are manageable although never cheap (where is a restaurant serving good cheap wine..?!!?)
A place to go for friends and business lunch and dinner for the quality of food. Not so charming atmosphere for bringing a girlfriend except if you get in summer a secluded table in the small inner garden.
Alltogether a place I keep in my records for when I am in Como area.