“Great place in central Bellagio”
Review of Residence il Borgo

Residence il Borgo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in a studio apartment at Residence Il Borgo for 2 nights when visiting Bellagio in April. Flavio is an excellent host, who was very helpful prior to our stay and during our visit. He met us at the ferry and showed us where to park for free (car parking in Bellagio is at a premium, so useful to have this local knowledge to save money!) He provided great recommendations for restaurants and bars in Bellagio and the surrounding area.

The apartment itself was clean and well presented, with a large bathroom. Bellagio is a small place and the apartment was located centrally; close to everything. The reception area has loads of information for Como and other lakes.

If you are looking for a home away from home, this a great option.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence il Borgo

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at Flavio's lovely Inca apartment during our three days in Bellagio. This apartment was fantastic in every way. The location was perfect and it was clean, spacious and had everything you would need to do some cooking. We actually did not end up cooking, but we did use the washing machine in the room to do some laundry and having the extra space that an apartment provides was very nice. The value for the price of the accomodations is really incredible. We would have paid twice the rate per night to stay at one of the hotels on Bellagio and not had all of the extra space.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at Residence Il Borgo for 3 nights and found the apartment to be very good. It was spacious with plenty of cupboard space in the bedroom and bathroom to unpack. I didn't cook but did use the fridge, plates etc. It is well situated and I felt very safe travelling solo and enjoyed having restaurants, shops etc. on the doorstep.
My apartment was on the second floor and I could hear the people upstairs at times which affected my sleep (I am a very light sleeper and was going to sleep early because of jet lag) so it may be quieter on the top floor.
Others have mentioned the steps which were a slight challenge for me with my suitcase but it is possible to walk a long way round and avoid them. It is very easy to find the apartments from the ferry.

Room Tip: The top floor is probably quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have stayed with Flavio three times in the past. His apartments are spotless, lovely and in a fantastic location but the best thing about our stays was Flavio. On our last stay we called from Trieste at the last minute; he not only had room for us but met us at the ferry after 10 p.m to assist with the luggage. The day we left he again helped get our luggage to the bus to Como. We felt as though we had made a new friend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beejay421
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent a night in 2 of the apartments available. Although we never got to meet Flavio, I spoke to him during our stay and he was extremely helpful!! I will definitely return for a longer stay. The location is perfect just in the middle of the pretty streets in Bellagio. Apartments is very spacious and super clean!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Flavio is a wonderful host, I am actually staying here again in 2 months after having stayed back in 2011. Great location, very clean, comfortable and very modern. Close by internet, small mini mart, close to ferry and although there is a hike up the stairs that is common for Bellagio. I felt very safe here for a solo traveller.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I and our three daughters (including six months old twins) had the most amazing seven nights in Bellagio. The apartment was very well appointed and all of our requests were exceed by our amazing host Flavio. Flavio recommendations to eat, have coffee and cake, visit by ferry on Lake Como and general knowledge for first time travellers to Italy were spot on.
Bellagio is breathtaking, and I highly recommend the drive from Milan to Bellagio via Lake Como, especially if it’s your first time EVER driving on the right hand side of the road!!!!!
We will defiantly be returning to Bellagio in the near future and only staying with Flavio.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family