“A Friend in Need”
Review of Residence il Borgo

Residence il Borgo
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband & I had a wild run from Castelrotto/Kastelruth in the Dolomites to Lake Como. It took us longer than expected & we were TIRED. We had planned to stay in Veranna, but had not booked a place. Guess what? No room in the inns. We did a quick recalculation as to possible other towns in which to stay. Bellagio was it. Thank goodness Flavio had a wonderful room available AND a place to park our car just up the hill from the Il Borgo. When I walked in to the 2nd floor room, I about cried. It was so CLEAN and FRESH and there was a wonderful separate bathroom and kitchen area. Even a little balcony that opened to the pedestrian walkway. We had an exceptional stay. If the future allows us to return to Lake Como, the Il Borgo would be the place I would book...in advance. :->

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eledind
There are newer reviews for Residence il Borgo

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 6 nights in Bellagio. Flavio met us at the foot of the stairs to help with our luggage. We loved that we HAD to get some exercise to go anywhere in town!
The apartment was very comfortable - the bedroom was up in a loft area and our son slept downstairs. Our bed was more comfortable than his, but, he had good sleeps as well.
Everything you need for the kitchen is there and the bathroom is nice. Whole unit was clean. Good internet access. Flavio and Silvia had spot on ideas for dinners, kayaking (don't miss it), walks, etc. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank itchyfeetRTW
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The ONLY thing holding me back from putting 5 stars on our stay here was the bed. One of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on! Twin beds pushed together, the gap just seemed to get wider and wider through the night and I was tossing and turning because it was very hard and hurt hips/shoulders and I woke up with backache every morning. So other than poor sleep quality, we had a wonderful stay here.

Flavio met us on arrival to open up and show us the apartment, we were on the 3rd floor with our kitchen/lounge/bathroom on the main floor and awesome spiral staircase going up to a loft area with skylights. The apartment is very clean with tidy furnishings. The apartment was quite cold when we arrived as I'm sure the heat is only turned on just prior to guests' arrival. Fortunately we'd brought long underwear and there is plenty of extra blankets and bedding in the cupboards! The hot water tank in the bathroom is rather small and so was only enough for 2 very quick showers. I realise it is the European custom to use the bide more regularly, but I just love a shower! The kitchen is well equipped with cooking utensils for meal preparation, only downside is that there is only tea/coffee provided so if you're doing any serious cooking rather than assembling meals, you'll need to buy salt/pepper/olive oil etc. The location is ideal for exploring Bellagio on foot - we left our car parked most of the time in the church square which is about 1 minute away on foot - Flavio assured us that although it is "pay parking", everyone stopped paying a long time ago! The church bells will get you up early for sure - they ring every half hour, from 7am to 10pm (and ring 33 times at 7:30am I believe!!) It is part of the experience in my opinion, but if you like to sleep in...forget it!

I would recommend this to others as long as they're aware of the bed issue (some might love a really firm mattress!), personally I probably wouldn't stay again because I value the quality of my sleep very highly! No matter what, you will love Bellagio!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The reason would be Flavio and Silvia. We stayed in late October and because we had 2 huge suitcases they met us at the ferry and loaded our bags in their car. The apartment is perfect for a couple. A small kitchen and nice clean bathroom. We fixed our breakfast and evening meal in the apartment saving us tons of money as we were on a 32 day trip. Flavio was available whenever we had any questions and helped us make arrangements to get to Milan for our train trip to Rome.
This is definitely the place to stay in Bellagio if you don't want a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wwjd1947
Reviewed November 28, 2012

well located... but you need to go up a series of steps which is a hassle if you have heavy luggages. The apartment was clean and cozy..
Flavio was not there , but he left me a series of emails to inform me of his absence and even left his phone number to contact him if needed, which was helpful , as we had some problems locating the place as we arrived late in the evening.
I found the bed a bit lumpy, but happy with what a good location the hotel is at.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MFChong_12
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in bellagio in the beginning of November. We booked this place based in the reviews we saw on travel advisor! When we got to bellagio we couldn't get into the apartments so we went up to bellagio point, a restaurant up the street, to see if they could call Flavio. They were very nice and they called him for us!

Flavio appeared instantly and took my pack off my back and carried it up for me. He gave us a rundown of the place and left. This was prob the nicest room we had during our trip to Europe. It was a studio apartment. It was very nice to have the kitchen and to be able to make a meal, especially breakfast!

We really enjoyed bellagio and we would stay here again if we return. I think it is important for people to know that the majority of bellagio shuts down in the beggining of November. We were lucky enough to enjoy a lot of the shops and restaurants right before they shut down for the slow season.

Flavio told us sometimes people show up to bellagio and they don't realize this. I'm not sure if things pick up around Xmas or not but it is important to know. Either way lake Como and bellagio are amazing and worth visiting!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Briz123
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent four nights in Bellagio at the Residence Il Borgo. We had been unsatisfied with our pre-planned reservation and called Sylvia and Flavio to make a reservation and it was a great decision. Sylvia met us at the ferry terminal in Bellagio since we did not have a car and we have a toddler. She drove us right to the apartment and made sure we were settled.

We stayed in the Inca apartment which is about 30 meters up the street from the main house and it was amazing. I would classify it as a one bedroom apartment with full kitchen and dishwasher. It also worked out well because our toddler slept in the living room/kitchen and we had the bedroom to ourselves. The apartment is centrally located in Bellagio very near the main square and close to a number of small shops and restaurants.

We were also very impressed by the service that Flavio and Sylvia provided. At one point the internet was shut down by the service provider and they both immediately solved the problem with the phone company, which is indicative of their attitude toward their guests.

Our last minute change in accomodation was a great decision and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Apartment Inca is a great choice for longer stays.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family