“Amazing jewel of a hotel”

Hotel Il Perlo Panorama
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We spent several nights at this lovely hotel on the hill. The view and the peace and quiet were perfect after a long day in town. Carlo and the team were responsive to all of our needs and questions both while onsite and prior to our trip. We made the walk into town twice and even hiked back up the hill which made for a lovely afternoon. Took the convenient shuttle as well. Breakfast was provided with your typical European choices. The weather and hospitality were perfect for our first trip to this region. We will return.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erin O

Reviewed January 19, 2014

A lovely hotel in the hills overlooking the lake. Get a balcony room and enjoy the marvelous views. Sunset with a bottle of wine is an amazing experience. The owners are gracious and welcoming. We have been coming for years. What a place!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnStaBarbara
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is an absolute gem, and has the best views of Lake Como, Bellagio, Verona and M... The service is fabulous, with a delightful family feel, and a regular shuttle service into the town. After days of searching for the right spot in Bellagio, I proposed to my Wife here as it was the most romantic place in the region. Delightful!! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hrishi D
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our 3 week Italy trip. If we could have stayed forever, we would. The woman who runs and owns the property is the cutest, sweetest woman ever. The property has been in her family for 4 generations, and her son helps manage it as well. They were both such a pleasure. The view looked fake, it was so perfect. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. They provide transportation for a very small fee (like 2 Euros each way), so you can go in and out of town easily. We would 100% stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime C
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This has to be one of the most fabulous places I have ever stayed. When I arrived, I realised this was not the hotel I thought I had booked. I am SO glad I pressed the wrong button on bookings.com or I never would have got to this Pearl of Lake Como. The hotel is not in town but offers an excellent shuttle service during the day and if you stay in town for dinner , a taxi back is 10 EU. I asked for a lake view room and the view was stunning. Added to my luck it snowed during my stay. The service is excellent..my only slight issues and not enough to detract from top rating, are that if you do decide to eat dinner at the hotel check out that the menu choices will be available. When I ate there the kitchen had run out of some options. (On the other hand breakfasts were terrific)The other thing is that the computer in the lobby is a bit variable and certain websites will not open. The room had very good climate control and a little balcony and plenty of space. Also the location is very strategic for cyclists and motorists and with the shuttle service very easy to get to if you arrive in town by bus or ferry.

I have no hesitation in recommending highly.!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a lake view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ozsolo53
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have reservated 3 double rooms with lake view and it was a pleasant surprise for us when we were upgraded to junior suites.Very nice, big rooms,fully equipped and the best view i have ever seen.Very friendly and helpfull staff,more than a 2 star hotel..everything was just perfect.Strictly recommended!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank galoz1
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Perlo. I would definitely recommend paying the extra cost to reserve a room with a balcony and a view of the lake. First of all, the staff is so sweet and accommodating. I really appreciate that you can eat dinner at the hotel if you prefer. I understand some people have complained that it is too far from the city center and you have to pay for a shuttle, we didn't find it a problem. I would recommend that you stay a few nights in the country and a few nights right in the city if you prefer to be close to the city. I don't think I would want to miss the views though. On a side note, we don't know the names of the people from Arizona and Washington that we had so much fun chatting with. They graciously bought us a bottle of wine when they left. So if you read this, thank you!!!!

Room Tip: Room with a view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
Royal Victoria
Royal Victoria
#1 of 6 in Varenna

Been to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama? Share your experiences!