“Fabulous setting, excellent rooms and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Il Perlo Panorama

Hotel Il Perlo Panorama
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bellagio
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
“Fabulous setting, excellent rooms and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This has to be one of the most fabulous places I have ever stayed. When I arrived, I realised this was not the hotel I thought I had booked. I am SO glad I pressed the wrong button on bookings.com or I never would have got to this Pearl of Lake Como. The hotel is not in town but offers an excellent shuttle service during the day and if you stay in town for dinner , a taxi back is 10 EU. I asked for a lake view room and the view was stunning. Added to my luck it snowed during my stay. The service is excellent..my only slight issues and not enough to detract from top rating, are that if you do decide to eat dinner at the hotel check out that the menu choices will be available. When I ate there the kitchen had run out of some options. (On the other hand breakfasts were terrific)The other thing is that the computer in the lobby is a bit variable and certain websites will not open. The room had very good climate control and a little balcony and plenty of space. Also the location is very strategic for cyclists and motorists and with the shuttle service very easy to get to if you arrive in town by bus or ferry.

I have no hesitation in recommending highly.!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a lake view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jmphoto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kastro, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have reservated 3 double rooms with lake view and it was a pleasant surprise for us when we were upgraded to junior suites.Very nice, big rooms,fully equipped and the best view i have ever seen.Very friendly and helpfull staff,more than a 2 star hotel..everything was just perfect.Strictly recommended!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank galoz1
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Perlo. I would definitely recommend paying the extra cost to reserve a room with a balcony and a view of the lake. First of all, the staff is so sweet and accommodating. I really appreciate that you can eat dinner at the hotel if you prefer. I understand some people have complained that it is too far from the city center and you have to pay for a shuttle, we didn't find it a problem. I would recommend that you stay a few nights in the country and a few nights right in the city if you prefer to be close to the city. I don't think I would want to miss the views though. On a side note, we don't know the names of the people from Arizona and Washington that we had so much fun chatting with. They graciously bought us a bottle of wine when they left. So if you read this, thank you!!!!

Room Tip: Room with a view!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Fantastic price, the best in all Bellagio, stunning view from the terrace to all Bellagio and half of the lake. Nice clean rooms and kind staff. Even though it is far from the village, there is a shuttle car from center of Bellagio to hotel for 1€

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave O
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Breakfast is a small part of the experience of staying in a hotel; but this is probably the worst, and dirtiest I've ever seen. Not a single table had been cleared after use, no coffee available, no fruit juice or milk etc etc ... Poor, for a relatively small privately run place. Moving on ... fairly basic rooms, but clean, plenty of parking; only 10 Euros into town in a taxi (about 5 or 10 minutes), stunning food and great ambience in "Aperitivo et Al". But above all, despite a shocking breakfast experience, a sense of chaos pervading the place, the view is stunning, quite jaw dropping in fact; and that makes it all worthwhile, for sure.

Room Tip: Take a room with a terrace, worth paying a bit extra for a view that will stun you when you walk in
    • 2 of 5 stars
Larnaca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I checked out this morning from this surprising amazing "2 star" hotel. We usually choose to stay in 4-5 star resorts, but this was one of our best stays!

The view is breathtaking from there. Tip no.1: take a lake view room.

Our room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. But the most important of all, was our window and terrace to the lake.

Breakfast was tasty with a good variety. We had dinner one night and enjoyed it. I guess in the summer it must be really nice sitting on the outside and looking at the lake view.

The staff was really kind and friendly.

Transportation may be a problem if you don't have a car. We had a rental, but didn't use it much. We preferred to use the hotel shuttle instead. In the night we drove to a restaurant near by, but could had walked instead if there was no rain. So, tip no.2: rent a car.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vtakis
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this Hotel for 2nights in October 2013. It is situated at a height and offers splendid views of the Lake and the mountains. The room was nice and clean with a lovely view of the lake. The hotel owner Carlos was very pleasant and helpful. We really enjoyed the stay and would highly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Hotel Du Lac
Hotel Du Lac
#6 of 17 in Bellagio
4.5 of 5 stars 652 reviews

Been to Hotel Il Perlo Panorama? Share your experiences!