“Always Excellant!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This year we decided to stay in Menaggio Como. For many years we stayed in Bellagio but thought Menaggio would make a change. Whilst Menaggio was good we find everyone in Bellagio is so friendly. So we popped to Hotel Du Lac in Bellagio for lunch which was perfect. Excellant service, fab food and position is heaven. We would have had all our evening meals there but sadly the Ferries do not run late in the evening from Menaggio to Bellagio. Next year we will be back and stay in Hotel Metropole as we alwys do and have a perfect holiday. Cannot wait.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We only had the buffet breakfast here but the choice was good and we managed to get a table on the balcony over looking the lake. What a great way to start the day.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel has an excellent location and was like a beacon upon arrival after a long day of travel. My room was a single, so I expected a very small room/bathroom. And, that was what I got. No view either, but I didn't expect one for the price. There is a roof top terrace that was very nice (and you can bring wine from the bar). My only complaint with the room was the sheer curtains. While no on could see directly into the room, there was a feeling of no privacy and the sun woke me up nice and early! It was very hot during my stay and the air conditioning was very adequate.

The room was quiet, except for the sporadic running of children running up and down the halls screaming. I don't hold the hotel accountable for this, however. It was just a shame that parents wouldn't have their children travel the hallways quietly instead of using them for a playground. Parents, please be considerate on your next stay!

As for the breakfast, I thought they were very good. There was plenty of variety and plenty to eat. I can't see how someone would complain.

What really made this hotel was the front desk staff. They helped me arrange restaurant reservations and transfer, helped me with understanding ferry schedules, and helped me with taxi transfers. They were incredibly nice and really seemed like they didn't mind helping a solo travel out. I would stay here again for that very reason. The staff made my stay in Bellagio enjoyable!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Had dinner one night while staying at the hotel. We both enjoyed our meal, wine and the views over the lake are to die for. Would highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Service is hit or miss here. On our second visit we had great service from our waitress Brunella, who was friendly fast, polite and patient enough to explain the menu. Try the Ceasar salad withchickenand French dressing. That isn't the same as Kraft French dressing (is there anything worse?) as it's more like a creamy garlic Ceasar dressing. The Salmon Trout filet is also a great choice. We didn't enjoy the Bolognase sauces on pasta...frankly it tasted as bad as most store bought sauce...whereas other restaurants sauce was clearly fresh and prepared in house.

Price was slightly average..seating was in the middle of the shopping walkway..crowded, noisy and parallel to the street. No real views ...plenty of diesel fumes and lot's of future cancer patients smoking while you are trying to eat.