Hotel Metropole Bellagio
$249
Hotel Centrale(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Il Perlo Panorama(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
$144
Hotel Florence(Bellagio)
$183
$100
1,107 results
All reviewsrooftop terracelake comocar ferrysmall balconyview roomperfect locationcoffee machinevilla balbianellofirst floorthree starfantastic viewslovely hotelfrench doorsmiddle of townwater frontsun loungerstop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We've just returned from Bellagio and the hotel Metropole. It is a fine property; in otherwords, the environs themselves are nothing special-- very simple, but also very clean. The staff are efficient and kind.
The location is absolutely exceptional. The perfect place from which to explore Bellagio. And the views from lake side rooms are breathtaking!
It is also a very good deal. We paid Euro 144 per night for a double on the lake with a small balcony.
The ferries were not at all noisy.
While I was there I checked out the Florence Hotel, which is just 100 meters from the Metropole. It is much nicer with, what I read on this site, an excellent restaurant, although I didn't eat there. A lake view room was just Euro 30 more per night-- I think well worth it.
If you aren't going to spend much time in your room or you are more interested in value than a posh interior, then Metropole is your best bet.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank screennamesstink
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Overall a good value hotel - good price, for a three-star hotel right on the lake. The room is quite small, but standard for a three-star hotel. The bathroom is quite spacious and new, so that was a plus. The hotel is located right on the water, so fantastic views guaranteed. We booked too late so was only able to get a side-lakeview room, but the balcony was still great for viewing the lake.

The only complaint I have with the hotel is the noise. Not the noise from the street (as our window face the Piazza), because the window effectively shut out the sounds from outside. But the noise from the hotel! Every morning, we would get woken up by people talking in the hallway (not sure if it was the housekeeping or guests, probably both). The door/wall did very little to cut down the noise. It was a horrible way to wake up each morning. So if you are a light sleeper, or like to sleep in on your holiday, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank 1010RegularTraveller
Reviewed April 30, 2007

I contacted the Hotel Metropole through their website in early January 2007 to organise an Easter break there. Although the hotel was officially closed I got an immediate response from Martina on behalf of the management. With a few emails I was able to book one of the lovely terrace rooms for our Easter holiday. Martina organised the airport transfer for us, at an extra cost, with Fabio Fantoni taxi service from Bellagio.

Our welcome at reception was both warm and efficient, and it expedited our holiday mood. Franco and Rocco in the dining room were most helpful, and looked after us very well for the duration of our week's stay there. We decided to go for the half board option and found the meals to be very good, with good variety on the table d'hote menu. The dining room service was swift and efficient and we honestly didn't experience the delays others have mentioned in reviews here. It is a good idea to try and get down to breakfast by about 8.30 because after that it can get quite crowded and the queue at the coffee machine can demand some patience! The breakfast menu was very good, with lots of variety and many calorific temptations.

We were fortunate in having truly lovely weather, and the fine large terrace of our corner bedroom was like an extra living space for us. Contrary to other reviews we didn't find the noise of the ferries to be obtrusive, and we had no need to test the air conditioning system because of the moderate temperatures during our stay there. Room service was efficient and well-organised, and reception staff, under the guidance of manager Michaela, and Martina and Cinzia coped well with all our enquiries and were most helpful. The hotel's situation is very central and extremely convenient to the ferry embarcation points. We were able to visit many of the lakeside towns, and also enjoyed visiting Villa Melzi, a short 10 mins walk from the hotel, Villa Carlotta, a direct boat trip across the lake, and an intriguing guided walk through the grounds of the Villa Serbelloni. A trip to the city of Como via the rapid boat service was very enjoyable, as were morning visits to Varenna and Menaggio.
The Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the Easter Weekend were very busy in Bellagio, with lots of visitors thronging the narrow streets. But there was a great sense of dignified enjoyment of the surroundings.
We really enjoyed our stay there, found the staff friendly and helpful, our room very comfortable. April was the beginning of their season and it was a good time to be there.
The hotel website is very good, and gives a true picture of what the hotel is like. Other tripadvisor reviews helped me to choose the best room and the best time for our break there. Many thanks to all.

14  Thank MaireDublin
Reviewed April 10, 2007

We stayed at the Metropole due to reviews on this site. We were not disappointed, as it’s truly is a waterfront property. After a long drive from Milan getting lost many times, we finally arrived around 9pm. Staff were very welcoming and laughed after hearing our story about the LENGTHY drive. They told us we had come into Bellagio the wrong way and actually there is a much shorter drive from Milan …..Minus the endless single windy lanes around Lake Como, (An Amalfi Coast experience).

Our room 226 was on the 2nd floor with direct water views of this stunning area. The room was very basic but comfortable with a double bed, two small bedside tables, mini bar, desk, and two French doors leading to a small balcony. The bathroom was again basic but clean and spotless.

The rooms below us had fabulous terraces and I wished we had booked one of those. If staying here make sure you book one of these and validate your booking, as I was under the impression I had actually booked a terrace room. (too tired to argue!)

Staff are very friendly, helpful and polite. The lifts are small but are in good working order. We found no noise regarding ferries. The views are outstanding and you are basically a few metres from the water. The building is basically Italian in style and needs some more renovations done in the breakfast and lobby areas, both are looking a little tired.

Breakfast was simple and offered a basic but sufficient breakfast but to me the coffee was terrible which came from a machine. I would have preferred a fresh hot pot of Italian coffee. Luckily, I had brought with me a little travelling kettle and opted to have a cuppa on my balcony.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It’s on the flat within a few seconds to many wonderful little cafes and restaurants. It’s a short walk to Hotel Serbelloni and to the steps up to the romantic village of Bellagio. The little town is full of interesting shops, and is truly gorgeous and quaint with petite cobble lanes and steps meandering through the wonderful display of historic houses. (It reminded us of the Italian town Assisi)

The ferry to other locations around Lake Como can be located just two minutes from the hotel.

We had a lovely meal at Hotel Florence and also had a very expensive meal at the Hotel Serbelloni which was okay but really not worth the money.

I have given this hotel a 5 star rating for its truly wonderful waterfront location and value for money.

14  Thank Ellemay
Reviewed April 9, 2007

My husband and I just stayed at the Hotel Metropole for 5 nights and overall found the hotel to be quite nice, clean and pleasant. Nothing special, the room we stayed in was quite small but perfectly adequate for the amount of time we spent there and a tiny balcony - just enough room for 2 chairs! Bathroom was clean (if a little dated), towels changed on a daily basis and overall we had no complaints.
We ate breakfast there on just 2 occasions - its nothing special - I would recommend heading to a pattisserie instead (there are at least 2 right beside the hotel) for some pastries and coffee and a real Italian experience.
Never ate lunch or dinner there as there are some very tempting options available elsewhere in Bellagio (I would recommend Far Out on Salita Mella and another restaurant (can't remember the name) further up the same steps on the right).
Staff were always very polite and helpful (although we did have to figure out the parking situation ourselves... more later!).
But the overriding factor for booking this hotel would have to be the location - right on the lake in the centre of Bellagio. There have been comments here that the hotel is too close to the ferry dock but I have to say we had no issues with the noise. In fact it was very interesting looking at the ferries coming in and out while sitting out on the balcony in the evenings. But if you've had one too many glasses of vino the night before I can imagine that the horns etc may not be too welcome!
Bellagio is beautiful -perfect location on the centre of the lake with lots of ferry/boat options for exploring further. We went to Como, Varenna, Mennagio all on the ferry and would definitely recommend the traveller to explore further afield should they have the time.
Back to the parking situation. Traffic is generally not allowed through the old part of the town and remember - blue spaces are metered parking. There is an attended car park 2 mins walk before the town but this will cost you. The white spaces are free and if you're spending the night(s) in Bellagio try to find one of these in the evening when the place quietens down. Go right up the hill before the town and its free parking all the way to the top. Some more spaces on the downhill past the church (you have to go through the town though - not for the faint hearted during the day due to the number of tourists and the narrow lanes!)

Had a fabulous holiday in Bellagio and Lake Como - will definitely have to invest in a villa there when I'm rich and famous!

8  Thank Bellavista_001