“Beautiful view”

GreenLeadersBronze level
ladyarm
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The hotel has a beautiful view and is a very peaceful oasis. I was in a single room on the ground floor so I had the added benefit of direct access to the garden. The room itself was sufficient though a bit small. Talking to people I met in town they were able to rent an entire apartment for less than I paid. So I would suggest searching around a bit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank ladyarm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Earlier this year, i organised a weeks holiday in Bellagio, lake Como for my Mother's birthday. We chose to stay at the Belvedere Hotel and could not have chosen a more perfect location. Whilst the two single rooms that we had booked were quite small, both boasted the most fantastic views of the lake and surrounding mountains. Both were spotlessly clean, freshly decorated and my Mothers had the bonus of a terrace of such a size that would put most suites balconies to shame.
The staff were, polite, friendly and would never hesitate to be of service, whether in the restaurant or on one of the beautiful stepped grassy terraces where we relaxed after our daily excursions.
The meals each evening were of the highest quality and despite planning to eat in other restaurants in Bellagio over our stay, we decided to eat in the Hotel every evening as a result of the lovely food and friendly service. As a bonus the hotel manager provided a wonderful birthday surprise for my mother which involved no prior request or arrangement on my part, simply a display of their kindness and desire for my mother to have a perfect birthday.
Overall i could not fault our stay at the Belvedere and hope to return in the not too distant future. Sincerest thanks to the staff who helped make my mothers birthday so perfect.

Room Tip: ask for a lake viewk
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael A
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My son booked the Hotel Belvedere for one week as birthday present. Although the single rooms were small the view was icredible. The outdoor area where we would sit after daily excursions had the most breathtaking views overlooking the lake. The level service was faultless, the food excellent and the setting perfect. I would like to take this opportunity to thank managerment and staff for the lovely surprise given at dinner on our last evening spent at the hotel. Also would like to mention that it would be worth staying here just for the extensive buffet breakfast. I loved the hotel and would certainly go back at anytime. We had a wonderful holiday in Bellagio, which is a place of outstanding beauty.

Room Tip: Request room with lake
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank maureenanderson34
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We chose this Hotel via online reviews for our trip to lake Como. We initially wanted to stay right on the waterfront in the Bellagio township but everything within our price range was booked out. We drove from Venice to Bellagio and survived the extremely narrow roads and opposite direction traffic to arrive mid afternoon. We later discovered it would have been better to catch the car ferry from Cadenabbia on the other side of Lake Como directly opposite Bellagio. The ferry trip is only 10 minutes and costs only around 11 Euro.
The Hotel itself is located just above the township within a 5 minute easy walk and the lake view rooms look across the lake towards to east. The views are breathtaking!
The hotel is very comfortable offering free WiFi internet and free transfer to Bellagio to catch a ferry service. Hotel parking is available and free.
We had the breakfast and dinner package and were delighted with the high standard of food on offer in the hotel dining room.
The service at this hotel was second to none. The hotel staff are friendly and are more than happy to offer advice and assist in booking tours etc.
I highly recommend staying at the Hotel Belvedere if you are lucky enough to visit this beautiful part of the world.

Room Tip: If you can fit it into your budget, ask for a lake view room with a balcony.
2 Thank Poprivet
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This hotel was great value, booked on expedia, we paid approx $aus250 per night and that included dinner and breakfast. The dinner was not pasta buffet as I had expected but a very good 3 course meal with about 4 choices for each course. It couldn't be faulted. On the first night I mentioned I was vegetarian and from then on I got my own special menu to choose from. The service was impressive, thank you Monica. While the hotel is a 5 min walk above the village, this meant it was in a quieter location, although kids in the pool could be noisy during the day. The room was adequate and the bathroom had a view of the lake from the bath.. Beautiful, we also had the same view from our bed when we left the balcony doors open. This hotel has been the highlight of our stay in Italy so far. I heard an American woman remark to the barman that it was her fav hotel in the world and she had been there 14 times.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank LeonieshorncliffeQLD
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We found this hotel when driving past (I was taken by the old Astin MArtin in the driveway) and saw they had a terrace with amazing views for a coffee. So we decided to stop and see take this in.

Complimenting the view are expansive grounds with walking paths.The hotel service was ok, but I am guessing that we had 2 small children with us and wanted to have a coffee on the terrace so we received the level of service one would expect.

The view and serenity was to die for, it was quiet, away from the tourist hordes in bellagio, and the coffee was ok. We had to hunt down staff to serve us and when we did it came over that we were an inconvenience to their day. Shame really, as we were considering staying here, but would reconsider based on the service we received.

4 Thank Stu D
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We spent the entire night exclaiming, "I can't believe this view!" The hotel sits on a small hill and has an amazing view of Lake Como. It was drop dead gorgeous. Complimenting the view are expansive grounds with walking paths and a swimming pool/jacuzzi with plenty of seating and lake views. We have been disappointed with swimming pools on recent travels, but not so with this hotel. The jacuzzi has a disappearing edge view of the lake and a bench seat to make it quite the comfortable experience to relax and absorb the surroundings. It was truly the icing on the cake to end our Italian vacation with a bit of relaxation and quiet beauty.

The hotel service was good. They checked us in promptly, answered questions about where to eat, and brought us towels as soon as we walked into the pool area. Literally, we had just asked ourselves, "where do we get towels?" when someone walked up to us with a stack of pools and explained the pool/jacuzzi rules to us in relation to children. (They bent the rules to allow the children in the jacuzzi since the pool was freezing with it being the end of the season -- very nice and well appreciated by my munchkins!)

Our room had a view, as requested, and we enjoyed being able to sleep with the window wide open. We were traveling with our 3 children (aged 13, 11, and 8) as well as our labradoodle dog. We had asked for rooms near each other, and the hotel provided a 2 bedroom suite with a shared bathroom -- my husband and I got the view of the lake, while the kids had a street view. it was a perfect solution for us. The kids appreciated that the beds were made as three singles as opposed to a double and a single. There was definitely less bickering.

The interior of the rooms was more in line with a 3 star hotel and didn't seem to match the beautiful grounds and buildings. (I figure the star rating is an average of a 5 star exterior and a 3 star interior, but perhaps other rooms are more updated.) The furniture was outdated, and the bathroom was tiny and not well maintained. Only one person could be in the bathroom at a time -- you couldn't even squeeze past another person, not that there would be anywhere for you to stand once you did squeeze past. The toilet was shoved into a corner behind the door. The open door touched the toilet seat, so you needed the door completely closed to have enough room to use the toilet. The shower was a small square with retractable doors. By the end of the shower, several inches of water were standing in the basin. My children took showers after each other, and we were quite worried that the bathroom would flood from the standing water. The bed looked comfortable, but both my husband and I woke up with back aches. These aches could have been compounded by the drive from Florence.

Even with the basic rooms, we would return to this hotel in a heartbeat. We loved the view, grounds, pool, and proximity to town. Town was an easy 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. I had been worried when other reviews mentioned that it was an "uphill walk" but it is really a walk that anyone can do. The stairs in town are more strenuous.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a lake view.
3 Thank macassi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellagio
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
#6 of 16 in Bellagio
Hotel La Perla
Hotel La Perla
#1 of 8 in Tremezzina

Been to Hotel Belvedere Bellagio? Share your experiences!