“Magical!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Florence

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellagio
Hotel Florence
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Magical!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was my first trip to Italy, & hands down Lake Como was one of the most spectacularly beautiful places I've ever been. I can't think of any other place I'd like to visit again & I'd highly recommend the enormously charming & authentic Hotel Florence! The hotel has a very traditional mom & pop feel w/a funky artistic, classic contemporary feel...& loads of character. The front desk staff were beyond accomodating & so helpful to our travel needs including brother's Timothy & Christian that run the place. I also received one of the best massages from their masseuse Samantha, I've ever had! We stayed on the first floor to a room that opened up to a beautiful terrace w/a lakeside view. Our bathroom had this gorgeous blue & white tile w/a clawfoot tub! The lobby where our room was opened to an amazingly decorated sitting room which led into the dining room. While we enjoyed some fabulous meals at various Bellagio eateries such as La Punta & Trattoria San Giacomo some of the best meals we enjoyed were at the hotel. It's true, the rooms don't have Wi Fi & you have to go to the lobby to access it & the heater in the room was old so it was a bit cold, but other than that I could not have been more thoroughly enchanted...hope one day to return!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anelizk26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

What can you say about a hotel that's been around for over 100 years? It's very charming, perfectly located in a wonderful town. Small, but beautifully decorated rooms. Tiny bathroom without a shower - they really should change some of the bathtubs for showers for people who really want a shower. Breakfast was in a gorgeous room - ordinary food though. But, the views make up for all the other issues. Bellagio was my favourite town on Lake Como as well.

Room Tip: You must choose a lake view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Donna O
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

I would like to give this hotel 4 stars but, my trip to Italy has been less than enjoyable because of my stay here.

Let, me start with the good. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is along the water, and depending on your means of transportation, it can be just steps away from your arrival point. Unfortunately for us, we booked too late to secure a lake-view room. I would definitely recommend booking as early as possible to get one of those rooms. Our charming little room faced a courtyard and had all the amenities we needed. One note is that the bathroom has a tub only, not a stand-up shower.

The hotel has complimentary wi-fi but, due to the thickness of the walls, it can only be accessed in the lobby. It would be nice if they added wi-fi in the bar too. Just a suggestion, definitely not a deal-breaker.

There are two people who attended the reception desk. A woman, and a gentleman named Timothy. Timothy who is absolutely wonderful, helpful, and super sweet. He takes his time to make sure you feel welcome, and are comfortable. If you ask him a question he makes sure to give you any information he can that will enable you to make the best decision. If you arrive late, after restaurants are closed, he will make sure you get at least a sandwich - even if he has to make it himself. Basically, Timothy is awesome :)

Now the bad... I have allergy induced asthma and my husband has mild allergies. We are not sure exactly what it was but, the bedding was awfully musty and caused severe allergic reactions in both of us but, especially in me. The first night I was up for half the night sneezing. The second night, I was so miserable I couldn't sleep at all. Thankfully I left after the second night but, unfortunately for me, the allergies followed me on the rest of my trip through Italy and gave rise to an asthma attack.

If it wasn't for the bedding I would return to this hotel but, because of this severe issue I don't think I ever would.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank triple_s_11
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

This was our first hotel on our first visit to Italy, a great way to start the holiday. Do not expect normal, big city, style comforts but the location and feeling of the history of the building out weighs that. It is right across from the Lake Como, and our room had opening doors to soak up the view. Service was mostly friendly.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ian R
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I'm giving this hotel 4 stars because I fell in love with it from the moment we walked in -- it is just extremely charming and homey. I loved it enough to give it 5 stars but the drawbacks do deserve mentioning--

We were there in early May and it was cool so we were quite comfortable but there is no air conditioning.

The tub has only a hand held sprayer and absolutely no enclosure or way to hang the sprayer. Since we stayed only 1 night a quick spritz held me over until we got to the a real shower at the next hotel but for a longer stay this would really bother me.

Besides these two things, the hotel was wonderful in a way that is hard to describe -- it smelled great, had wonderful and unique antique pieces, was wonderfully situated in town and on the lake and had an old world, down to earth charm. I loved it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lckychrm
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

This was a delightful hotel to stay in one of the most beautiful places in the world. We had two rooms which shared a gorgeous terrace which overlooked the lake. The whole ambience of this hotel was perfect for this area. As former nursery owners the beautiful floral arrangements and exquisite ceramics was a huge bonus for us.

The only negative was there was only plastic cups and no refrigerator.

If we returned which we probably will we definitely return.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a terrace and utilize the downstairs bar for glasses, ice etc.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travellingnana48
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Just got back from staying at Hotel Florence for the first time. Loved the place. Lots of character. Very competative room rate. Staff were very attentive and took care to make sure we were comfortable. Loved the decor and historic feeling. Beautiful lake views and very close to the ferry. Great breakfast. I'm sure we will be back...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends