All reviewsconverted monasteryminute walkfishing villagebeautiful lakeeach morningyogurtmartahillstepsbalconyviewspositionwaterfront
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We are sitting at the hotel's restaurant as I write this critique. After travelling through France for two weeks and three nights on Lake Maggiore we have had the most fantastic culinary experiences one could ask for. Then we arrived here!
The inititial welcome we received from the senior lady was acceptable but nothing exciting, but from there it got worse. I requested a room with a view but was abruptly reminded that my Internet booking was for a cheap room and if we wanted a room with a lake view we'd have to extra. This was only a request and I didn't need a lecture!
Our dinner experience was as bad as it gets! If you ever decide to stay here and put up with the rudeness, don't eat here - unless your happy with bad service and even worse food.

If you don't believe me take a closer look at the other negative reviews - like we should have.

DA & JA
Bendigo Aust

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David A
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Travel is what you make it and for our money this place is absolutely special. Rooms right on and overlooking the lake in a fantastic spot. Easy parking, quiet and easy to get to. The walk over to Bellagio is over the hill, winding up and down some paths, pretty and easy, and coming back feels like coming home. If you don't like beauty, good food, great views and somewhere special, hey don't go. But our advise is you will love it. We loved the family, Granny and everyone was nice, and no they don't speak a lot of English but really they have enough.... and when it comes to it, we're in Italy, learn some Italian and they will respond... and if they don't, don't take offense, smile, enjoy, be part of the family. The food is good, we loved the fish and tried local dishes, as you should. And drink it up, life doesn't get much better. Really, don't give the "terrible service", or "rude" comments too much room because in Italy it is all about family. For goodness sake introduce yourself, especially to Nona, share a cigarette, feed the ducks, stroke the cats, have a coffee, relax, unwind and spare a thought for the family.... treat them like family and they'll feed you like family.... what could be better.

Room Tip: Lake view or side lake view, but even at the back is fine if they have nothing else.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here about 12 years ago and thought it was a great place- great location, views of lake, easy parking, reasonable cost, good food, convenient and yes the owners aren't the friendliest but who cares with all the other advantages. Staying there this time was much the same although the younger family members are now running the hotel. They are helpful when asked and it's quite humorous to read everyone's comments about their "unfriendly" manner. We did find a young girl (who I don't think was a family member) delightful to deal with and she very helpful and friendly.
I did find the hike over the hill to Bellagio a lot more difficult, age I suppose, but the hotel people rang us a taxi which was great and only 10 euro between 3 of us. Well worth it!!
Don't let the "unfriendly" comments put you off!!!

Room Tip: The rooms with a view of the lake are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cookie1717
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The staff and management were the rudest people we have ever come across in the hospitality industry worldwide! Someone really needs to address the lack of service with this hotel. If this family who runs this hotel has some problems, they need to sort this out and start providing basic service to clients or else they will never receive good comments, repeat clients or recommendations. I just wished I had addressed our issues with the staff when we were there, but we thought maybe it was just us they didn't like or were having a bad week. But we were a group of friends across 3 rooms, and we all experienced the same bad attitudes, and now I read the 'other' reviews, I can see that we were not alone on this view at all. I just wished I had read the reviews properly before booking. The staff and management never smiled or talked to you as if YOU were a customer, in fact you were more likely to receive bad looks of disgust, they were always sullen and walked around the place as if you were not wanted and constantly in their way. Had it not been for the fact we were there for a wedding, we would have packed up and left early as the attitudes were disgusting. When you travel and pay money for accommodation, food and service, you expect to be treated with some decency, but their rudeness and abuptness was plain disgraceful. Pity, for the view was nice, and if they decided to get some help for their attitudes, it would be a lovely place to stay. It is also a steep walk over the hill from Bellagio, but there are plenty of good places in Bellagio, we know as many other guets stayed in Bellagio. Skip Pescallo and stay in Bellagio. Good luck to the next guests.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank REVYCHELL
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had walked over the hill from Bellagio on the hottest day of our stay at Bellagio. The tourist office told us that the walk was lovely, and strenuous! At the end we were parched and really could have done with a drink. A couple we met on the way told us of the lack of service or amenities at the only hotel in Pescallo. We checked ourselves and they were right, the owner or receptionist rudely advised he was not serving until after 7:30 in the evening (it was now 3:30 on a hot afternoon). No amount of imploring would change his mind and we went back to Bellagio still parched. From our experience and reading other reviews it is apparent they does not need the trade.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple