“most enjoyable”
Review of La Pergola

La Pergola
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Bellagio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed at La Pergola several times over the past 10 years, and it has always been enjoyable. The location is terrific, the views magnificent. The rooms are clean and very well appointed. The prices for rooms and restaurant are reasonable. It is a pleasant walk over the hill into Bellagio and to the lake Como ferries. The hotel is family owned and run, and the staff are helpful. We will aim to be back next year.

Room Tip: ask for room 4, which has a large verandah
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank roddyneame
There are newer reviews for La Pergola

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed here off seasonwith my Father. I lived the location. I took it upon myself to book a room for our best friends on their first trip to Italy. Wow, what a bad idea. I had read the reviews about the poor service and chose to disregard them. I assumed they had been planted by competitors. I was wrong. Oh. And they advertise wifi, which does not work. When asked about it, they shrugged and said we don't know and left it at that. My friends felt so unwelcome there, they actually did not want to go back. They booked a room at the Hotel du Lac and are eating the cost of their remaining nights at Pergola. I had wanted to take my husband back there one day. No longer. Splendido or du Lac for me as well. A beautiful location can only overcome so much. Such a shame.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Daisey31
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We went to the restaurant here which is part of the hotel. The service was terrible. They showed open contempt. The food was marginal and over priced. We walked down from the Belvidere(great place!!)and kicked ourselves for the effort. If the hotel is anything like the restaurant, it will disappoint.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hobiz2
Reviewed June 2, 2011

If you stay in Bellagio you simply must walk over to the pretty little fishing village of Pescallo and have an outdoor lunch at this restaurant. Such an idyllic setting - the beautiful terrace edged with flowers, the water, the boats, the mountains. And then there's the food. We shared a caprese salad, asparagus risotto and a tortino of hot molten chocolate. All delicious; making for a lunch that was perfect in every way. I didn't want to leave.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iaatf
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We had a lovely lunch here, following a hike over from Bellagio where we stayed at the Hotel Florence. The staff was not friendly (as others have reported also), but was attentive, with no active rudeness. The meal was just fine for the price and the location was worth the hike.

Room Tip: We only ate lunch here
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Just for what it is worth. We arrived hungry and very late for lunch. The owner was gracious to us and provide us lunch even though it was past their closing hour. The food was good and the view excellent. I would go back and recommend it as a nice an wait place away from all of the tourists in Bellagio

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 2, 2011

If only the view matched the food and service. One minute in and it's obvious that these owners despise Americans. A 30 euro meal for the wimpiest house salads we've ever seen and a glass of water. 9 euros brought me some stale lettuce, canned tuna and corn along with a bottle of balsamic and olive oil. What a deal-not! The servers praticallay had to be lassoed in to get some attention and the meal was awful. The views of the lake are wonderful bit that is all. We agree with the previous comments that servers never smile. We walked away feeling judged-for what I don't know.

• Stayed: April 2011