“Among the best I've ever had”

Gelateria del Borgo
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Bellagio
Description: Best gelato
Description: Best gelato
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I've lived in Italy for a while and have tried a LOT of gelaterias. This one, that I entered because I was bored rather than actually wanting ice cream, was easily among the best gelaterias I've been to. I ended up going back again the same evening with my uncle (he loved it too!). Tried 4 flavours in all- 2 chocolate variations, and 2 nuts (pistachio and hazelnut I think), and all were delicious. Creamy, decadent and did not leave that sticky mouthfeel that some creamy gelatos do.

1  Thank suryabhattacharya
There are newer reviews for Gelateria del Borgo

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Loved the triple scoop - chocolate, coffee & noccio. Creamy, tasty and filling! Nice choice of various flavours.

1  Thank PremPandurangam
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great gelateria. Bought the small tub (2 euros in Sept 2013) into which they managed to put the two most generous scoops of ice-cream. Chose the noccio (hope I got that right) hazelnut ice cream which fab and wished I had also picked the chocolate. My husband chose that and kindly let me sneak a taste and it was very, very good. Bought some biscuits to bring home as a gift and the staff in the other half of the shop -which is a patisserie - were very helpful.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice selection of flavours, especially enjoyed the cinnamon one. Not the most amazing gelato I had in Italy but pretty good

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The gelato here was pretty good, but had better gelato in Bellagio right near the car ferry dock. The gelato was a little too sweet, although our son loved it. They were friendly to kids.