“Outstanding experience”

Princess
Ranked #61 of 68 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.bellagiolakecomo.com/Ing/Inglese/_Where_to_eat/Restaurants,_Pizzerias/index.php?file=Princess_(also_Pizzeria).htm . Not the official URL of restaurant, but proof of "existence"
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had a very different experience than those with negative reviews. Wanted to see Lake Como so Traveled from Milan central train station to Varenna. Walked down the hill to the ferry terminal (follow the signs). Took the ferry to Bellagio which offers stunning views. Landed in Bellagio & walked around the water front then headed up one of the cobble stone paths. After shopping & taking pictures headed back down & noticed Princess Bellagio. There were no credit card signs so we asked if they took American Express. We were told no so, we exited & almost immediately the manager came out & informed us YES they take AMX. This was a new change & the staff was not fully informed that they now accepted AMX. This is the only negative I can provide. They offer a very nice selection of wines we chose the Borolla which was delicious. They have a nice selection of appetizers (mains) the meat & cheese with the chutney included plenty for 3 or 4 people & was excellent. The menu offers a lot of variety but is not overwhelming. If you like risotto the asparagus risotto was the best I have had in Italy (I have been working here over the last year). The service was great & the staff spoke very good English & appreciated our attempt at speaking Italiano. The atmosphere is very sleek, clean & modern. This is the off season & they were very busy...seems the locals enjoy the food & ambiance also. If in Bellagio I recommend you give Princess a try

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We asked for separate bills because we were on official trip. After this we got one bill, each item was charged 1euro more, than on the menu. Nobody said sorry. Finally they agreed that we pay the correct price, but we did not get separate bills. The manager kept saying we should have said earlier(???)pretending he does not understand English.
As for the food: We waited more than an hour. The lasagne was ridiculously small portion for 11 euros, pizzas were way too salty and the tomato just did not taste right.
As last step in Bellaggio almost ruined the whole trip.
Choose another place in Bellaggio or watch the bill!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

our lunch for two (with 4 beers) was nearly €70
food was average- not brilliant- and the service was quite indifferent
there are plenty of other places to eat in Bellagio

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because it looked stylish, clean and contemporary.
Big mistake!
Rubbish service, the young prince/symbol lookalike was more interested in preening than waiting tables.
Bread came out after main course. My sea bass was greasy and overcooked, the seafood risotto my husband had was a tiny portion with more tomato than fish. My friend said her chicken with mushrooms tasted funny, and did not finish it.
My friend asked for a side of potatoes, which we were told were finished! Potatoes finished at 7 pm on a Saturday night!
The 2 tiramisus ordered came out 15 minutes between them, one nearly melted, one frozen.
Cocktails were weak and full of ice.
Not once did staff check if we were ok, as they obviously could tell we weren't.
Huge disappointment, and service charge, which led one of our party to tell the manager they needed 'less glam, more shazzam'.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were staying in bellagio and when we wanted to go out to eat we were kinda tired and starved so although we didn't really feel thrilled of the looks of it ( we like dimmer lighting and sort of cozy feeling places) we went in anyway! We were the only people in there until one other couple showed up later on. It was kind of an odd time of the day to eat tho, maybe 3 on a Sunday.

We had a margarita pizza and a mushroom pizza. The margarita was decent but the mushrooms on the other pizza seemed like canned, and there was way too much cheese. This was our first pizza on our trip to Italy so we were expecting something a little more exciting. Though the sauce flavor was nice and fresh we thought.

The waiter was fine and was on top of everything which was great but it was almost to the point of making me a little uncomfortable because while we ate he was pacing back and forth near the entry to the area where we ate watching every bite to see exactly where we were at. Better than being neglected tho.

Our experience there was not great or bad, I'm sort of indifferent. Cocktails might be really good, the menu looked nice. We had lemon soda and a beer.