“Away From The Centre But Popular” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BabaYaga Steak House & Pizza

BabaYaga Steak House & Pizza
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: babayaga.bellagio@libero.it Tel. 031/951915
Peterborough
“Away From The Centre But Popular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed a few kilometres outside of Bellagio and chose to eat at Babayaga as the restaurant offers free transport to guests staying in our hotel. The restaurant is just outside of the central area of Bellagio, and specialises in pizza and steak meals. We didn’t go for either of these, instead opting for the lasagne main course. We enjoyed this but the mixed meats starter was even better with a large quantity of meats being provided. Better still, they were of good quality. We also had a grilled vegetable starter which was fine but which didn’t offer such good value.

Pizzas at the restaurant looked interesting being oblong shaped and they seemed quite large. Service was good and the cost was reasonable. The restaurant also operates a taxi service and this is good value especially when compared to other operators who seem to charge a ‘tourist’ premium.

• Polish first
chestnut hill
“best pizza by far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

if you like very thin crust pizza, which we do, this is THE place. the pizza was amazing. We shared an insalata mista and each had our own pizza. Fabulous.

• Visited September 2013
Bristol
“Does exactly what it says on the tin.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Firstly, I'd like to reassure the community that some of the negative reviews that have been posted are frankly, mystifying; we've been eating here for 14 years and never had anything other than exemplary food and service. It's also good value for money.

Apart from well-sized Pizzas, the menu is reassuringly short, and it's all good; particularly the beef steak or veal. My favourite Pizza - Gorgonzola with walnuts & apple; She who must be obeyed's - Lucifero.

If you are planning a Sunday night Pizza, it is really advisable to book. Enjoy.

Zurich, Switzerland
“greedy waiters”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had quite a few bad food/service experiences in my life, but usually I just decide not to return to that place. I never wrote a bad review for a restaurant but these guys really deserve it.

Last weekend, after a few hours doing kayoing on lake Como decided to visit Bellagio (which by the way is a quite nice place) and during sightseeing tour my girlfriend and I stumbled on BabaYaga.
It was around 3 PM and as we were having a dinner reservation a couple of hours later, we decided to enter and grab a drink and a snack. A waitress (speaking italian with a Eastern European accent) came and took our order: 2 glasses of wine and a pizza, asking to replace a strange vegetable(radicchio, the red salad) with rucola.

Asking the bill I had a surprise. Pizza(9E)+ coperto (2x2E) + sharing pizza tax (0.5 E) + extra ingredient (Rucola 1,5 E).
For people which do not know what coperto means...is a tax that the italian restaurants ask you to pay so they are sure you don't leave without paying a tip. For the coperto I would have understood, nevertheless some restaurants would have charged only one coperto and not 2...
But what the heck is that tax for sharing the pizza and why I have been charged for the extra ingredient, when I especially asked to replace one ingredient with another???
I guess this is just the practice of greedy people. They don't get satisfied with a tip of 20-30% from the bill and they want more and more.
Now I can say that i ate the most expensive pizza in my life, so my expectations regarding the service and food start to increase as well and the result is above score I gave to this restaurant.
And the pizza is average...believe me I'm living in Italy...I know what I speak about

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What a beautiful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Sincerely, these are the kindest people on lake Como. You may go to many bars and restaurants here, but I assure you that you will not meet people more hospitable and friendly than those you find here at BabaYaga. "La BabaYaga" pizza is out of this world!