“The most picturesque place on Earth.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Shopping in Bellagio
Sydney, Australia
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“The most picturesque place on Earth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Bellagio...never heard of it till i was taken there. On Lago Como, the view as you approach from across the lake on the Ferry, is breathtaking. The lanes and streets are tight especially when the Ferrari I was driving was the widest car there, but in all honesty it is one of the most serene and picturesque places I have been to.
The snow capped mountain backdrop and the pretty village buildings,no wonder everything is so expensive here.
But i put it in the same category as Monte Carlo and Tahiti, if you have to complain about the price you can't afford to go...so don't.
If you do, suck it up and enjoy what is for most a once in a lifetime experience...Bellissima.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank DAVIDXOTIC

A TripAdvisor Member
“A Must See For Worldly Travellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Bellagio on lake Como is one of the nicest places I have ever visited.
Slightly sloping lane ways with good shopping and restaurants and magnificent scenery everywhere, makes this place very special.
There is a good selection of accommodation right here in the main streets and lane ways that is reasonably priced. The views over the lake and mountains behind the lake are just beautiful.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My favourite shop in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I visited Lake Como 6 years ago, and I stumbled upon this little shop and fell in love with a gorgeous red shoulder bag in the window one evening. We went back first thing the following morning, and 95 Euros later, walked away with my lovely new bag.

6 years later, the bag is still in brilliant condition and I still love it. When we went back to Bellagio for a day trip this May, I made a bee-line for Bellagioseta. As soon as I got there, I recognised the shop owner - a fabulously camp man with the brightest trousers you have ever seen. He instantly greeted us and allowed us to browse, pick up all of the bags and ask questions.

Once my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I all chose our bags we were happy to learn that he offered us a discount as one of the bags had a small mark and was the last one left. I told him about my visit and my previous purchase, and he was very interested to know whether the leather was still in good condition - a sign that he cares about the products he is selling! He even gave me 5 Euros off my bag for coming back to him, a lovely gesture.

If you are into leather bags, purses, wallets, silk scarves & ties etc then you have to visit this shop if you are in Lake Como.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank leapea29
Nerja
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“if u think shopping....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

is funny so dont here and save your money :-)
Bellagio is probably the place in the world ive ever been to and saw so many overpriced and tasteless shops in one spot....one night stopover is more than enough too see it all. Very nice scenery and everything around 30% more expensive compare to Como f.ex. Fun too been here at lake como but among the most fanastic place on the earth...no no no :-/
Porto Pollenca on Mallorca keeps the first ranking for us ;-)
Keep on traveling

Visited October 2012
1 Thank PeterGlobeMan
MAlta
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“wish I had more shopping time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The place is full of lovely silk products and leather goods! My only disappointment is that I did not manage to buy as much as I wanted to (Visa does not share such disappointment) due to time constraints! In my opinion it is the shop to visit whilst in Bellagio; lots of pieces to chose from at reasonable prices.

Visited September 2012