“Wonderful discovery”

Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Seasonal opening from April till the end of October. Local and Mediterranean Kitchen; Lake and Sea Fish Specials. Please note: Terrazza Barchetta Restaurant is located on the upper floor of the building, not to be confused with Ristoro Forma e Gusto - Pizza & Restaurant at the ground floor: same property but different Kitchen, Menu, Staff and more informal, suitable for Children.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were browsing the side streets of Bellagio looking for a restaurant for dinner and thought this restaurant looked very interesting. We asked for a table and were told since we did not have a reservation we could come back in a hour, even though there were several empty tables. We started to leave and were called back by the host.
I am so happy that he did because it was one of the best meals we had in Bellagio.. I ordered the fish which was cooked to perfection. It was crusty and seasoned beautifully. If I ever return to this area of Italy I would certainly return here.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ate lunch here today with my Mum and son (3.5 yrs old) and I am desperately trying to plan in another visit before we leave in a few days!! The food is beautifully cooked and very nicely presented. It's not pretentious - just good, home cooked italian fare. To start we had aubergine stew and bruschetta, both of which were delicious. For main my son devoured a spaghetti bolognese, I had sea bass with the most amazing homemade crisps on top but my Mum had the piece de resistance... The pizzoccheri. First I've heard of this dish but it was to-die-for with buck wheat pasta, cabbage, potato and cheese - sounds odd but I can't express how yummy and different this dish is! And for dessert we had tiramisu, which was heavenly, and a trifle. With a large bottle of water, a pint of local beer and 2 teas, €80 was not at all unreasonable. The service was great, very friendly and very patient and encouraging with my stunted italian! My son had a great time playing with the son of the staff and we sat downstairs outside. The prices were no different to anywhere else on the lake and yes, there's no lake view but we see the lake all the time from our apartment so the view down the picturesque stone alleyway was refreshing and as authentically 'little italian village' as you can get... We wouldn't change a thing about this experience so make time to visit!!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed in the rooms available here- we ate breakfast in the casual restaurant downstairs, lunch there one day and dinner in the upstairs restaurant twice. Food was very good in both places- fresh and interesting selections. Our group enjoyed pasta, seafood and meat dishes upstairs. Suggest you get reservations.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went there because it was so highly rated. Tried to walk in to the upstairs terraza on a Sunday night but no chance to get in so made reservations for the following night around 8:00. Got there a few minutes early and was greeted by the gentleman (owner?) and seated at a 2-top on the side. Got water and menus then we were almost completely ignored in favor of a group of 4 that came in after. They were either friends or someone they wanted to impress. Their service was impeccable to them. After about 20 minutes of watching these people having a great time the gentleman finally came up and took our drink and food order. Things came out in a timely manner but can't say we got the same service as that other table. Food and wine were fine but it wasn't the experience we had read in other reviews. Unfortunately, really no great shakes.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This restaurant is located on a second floor open air terrace in between the beautiful buildings of Bellagio. The host was very kind and spoke great English. The food is priced very well and tastes great. The sardine pasta in my photo was split for us and only 11 Euros! This place was so good, I came back a second time during my short stay. I would highly recommend the osso bucco and porcini pasta (this one was my favorites). There are photos of the staff and chef over the years and you can tell this place has stood the test of time. The second night I went the poodle, Pupa, who is printed on their sugar packets was sitting next to the chef while he was dining. The chef and poodle were so sweet and I felt like I got to meet the resident celebrities! I would make a reservation for this place as it becomes full quickly in the evening around 7pm.