“Wonderful Outside Terrace”
Review of Ristorante Bilacus

Ristorante Bilacus
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Bellagio
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal here, pasta with prawns and swordfish. Both well prepared and made better by the beautiful outdoor setting ( come early or reserve, much nicer than inside ). Spent 50 Euros, well worth it...

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Bilacus

Reviewed June 5, 2013

good food but be careful with starter choice unless you have a huge appetite one between two should satisfy most people. The wine was reasonable and choice good. make sure you ask for atable on the terrace

Reviewed June 5, 2013

First and foremost, you definitely need to book in advance...I wouldn't wait until you're actually in Bellagio. They speak very good English, so don't worry about language barrier (as with most places in Bellagio).

If the weather is right, the terrace is beautiful: vines overhanging with soft lighting and gravel floor. Waitstaff was very attentive and polite. Food was fantastic: portions much bigger than anticipated, but I ate every piece because it was so good. Simple spaghetti with tomato and basil was cooked to perfection, just the right amount of tangy sauce, still dreaming of it. I had the breaded lamb which, surprisingly, came out flattened with bone attached. Between seasoning and lemon flavor, it was tender, juicy and flavorful. I can see why people say this is one of the best restaurants in Bellagio....we had a great time!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Having arrived from Tuscany where we ate some of the finest food in Italy the poor efforts on offer here were a big let down. Im not sure how you can manage to mess up a pasta dish in Italy but the ravioli here was tasteless as was my soup. My red wine was almost as vinegary as the balsamic vinegar i was given. My wife had exactly the same view on the meal. On the basis of our visit i really do not know how this restaurant has accumulated so many good reviews.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We ate here twice when we were in Bellagio. The terrace was a picture with flowers. The first night we had the antipasto Bilacus (which would have made a good lunch for two). Then my husband had the veal scaloppine and I had the misto lago. We had a very good Pino Nero. We split a dessert and had a vin santo. Another night we had ravioli and lavello with the house wine. The owner came over to show us a booklet of pictures of Bilacus in snowy winter, spring alive with flowers, sunny summer and fall splendor. Best to get a reservation. When the kitchen is not keeping up with the customers, he turns everyone away.