“You Must Eat Here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Bilacus

Ristorante Bilacus
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Greensboro, North Carolina
“You Must Eat Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Because we were on our honeymoon, the restaurant gave us the best seat in the house. We had a gorgeous view of the shops and lake below. The food was delicious, as was the wine. The service was great, too. I can't recommend this restaurant enough. If you're in Bellagio, you must eat here.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank annehyphenmarie

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
“good traditional Italian - just watch out for bones in the fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our concierge recommended Bilacus for dinner in Bellagio, and we liked it very much.
The weather was lovely, so we elected to sit outside on their garden terrace, which was very romantic. Service was very good - even a little too quick.
I ordered the veal Milanese which was nicely prepared and presented.
My husband had really large portion of fish in a lemon butter sauce that he loved; however, he had to stop eating it after finding bones in too many bites!
Overall, we agreed that the restaurant had a nice atmosphere, and that the meal was very tasty, but we wouldn't order fish there again (which is a shame since the restaurant is on a lake, and the fish was really fresh).

• Visited September 2012
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Just lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

My partner and I stumbled upon this place whilst being indecisive and much in need of a proper lunch. It was a brilliant find. The food was great (best saltimbocca I've ever had), service impeccible, and the setting beautiful and romantic. Best of all was the price. Having just headed down from Switzerland we couldn't believe what great value this place was. Would seek this little gem out if I ever happened to visit Bellagio again.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank LittleSurprise
Magnolia, Tx.
“My #1 choice for dinner in Bellagio........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent 4 nites in Bellagio while using it as a base for touring Lago Como & many of the towns & villages on the lake. Each night we dined at a different Bellagio restaurant since there were so many good choices. Using TripAdvisor's list of top 30 recommendations, our 1st day was spent walking the town including checking out or finding the locations of the top restaurants. Ristorante Bilacus was our last night, and I can truly say we saved the best for last! We were warmly welcomed even tho we had no reservations, asked if we wanted indoor or outdoor, and we chose outdoor since the weather was good. Outdoor means eating in a garden setting that is actually a rooftop terrace with sweet vines covering its pergola. Utterly romantic! Service was very swift, but if you want to tarry over any course, you were not rushed. Menu selections in each category were enough to please any palate, and we were rewarded with actually the very best dinner of our entire 18 night vacation in northern Italy/southern Switzerland. Since we'd both had salads for lunch that day in Lenno, we shared an order (uno per due) of Fagioli Cannelli for a starter here, a very nice bowl of white beans simmered & flavored to perfection. For my primi piatti, I had spaghetti alle vongole (spaghetti with white clam sauce), the dish I always use for determining authenticity of Italian recipe, as well as the chef's abilities, and it was the BEST of its kind I've ever had anywhere. My husband ordered Ravioli Montanara, a scrumptious meat ravioli with porcini mushrooms & cream sauce. My secondi was filetto di persico (fresh lake perch with butter & sage) & my husband's was Lavarello alla griglia (grilled whitefish with butter & sage -- whitefish sometimes being called "baitfish" in this part of Europe & in England). Both platters were absolute perfection, and we imagined the fish swimming in Lago Como just 24 hrs. before being served to us. There was no room for desserts, but our fabulous meal was capped by glasses of vin santo served with fresh-baked biscotti. This ristorante is a "must stop" if you are in Bellagio, my top recommendation in town, and we will definitely make it a point to go out of our way to eat here the next time we find ourselves in this part of Italy. The wine list was impressive, but we usually opt for house wines, which in this case, were also excellent. The prices are quite reasonable for the high quality of food, excellent service & wonderful ambience, and we came away with memories that will last a lifetime.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank cmb2
Chester, United Kingdom
“Quality Produce make this well worth Visiting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We tried Ristorante Bilacus based on its Trip Advisor ratings and we weren't disappointed. We found the staff very welcoming and we ended up coming back for 3 nights, which is something we rarely do as we like to try different places. We just opted for standard italian fare but it was all excellent, the sauces, the pasta, seafood all perfectly cooked. We concluded that although the cooking wasn't elaborate it was the quality and freshness of the ingredients that made the meals so delicious. Something as simple as a cantaloupe melon and air-died ham starter was so good I had it each evening! The restaurant wash't expensive, had a nice buzzy atmosphere and was just a thoroughly pleasant experience

• Visited May 2012