“Cutest street in town - does it have the best restaurant too?”

Trattoria San Giacomo
Ranked #12 of 70 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2016

I have to admit that I had already seen a lot of pictures of the cute steep street that leads from Trattoria San Giacomo down to the harbour of Bellagio. So I was eager to dine at that place quite long before we arrived in Bellagio. I really considered that place to be the ultimate Bellagio experience. That said my husband and I went there on our first evening and with a little disappointment we had to see that the restaurant wasn't in business that evening as they were holding some kind of private event. So we came back the next evening where it was very busy. As all outdoor tables were occupied we were offered a table inside of the restaurant. Food was simply but tasty. The service was good. However, after some time at our table we felt that the dining room isn't a great place to be on a warm summer evening. As they did not seem to have a functioning air condition it was extremely hot and sticky. All in all I would recommend the restaurant if you are in Bellagio. However, try to get a reservation for the terrace or come early because indoor dining in summer isn't too much fun here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

We are at the restaurant while in Bellagio. I had a fresh ricotta and melon salad that I will dream about for years to come. The pasta dishes where also excellent. Pasta dishes were all under 10E. Overall this restaurant was very reasonable. I would return.

1  Thank JFSD
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Loved it to bits. Table for two, sat outside, shared a mozzarella and tomato starter, ricotta and pasta plus salmon for mains, tiramisu plus two coffees. House red and white. €62 Briilliant

Reviewed August 17, 2016

We had lunch in trattoria. We had to wait before we were seated. They have cushions that can be used for seating on stairs. Out of menu we had fish from the lake and Fettuccine fresche al pomodoro. Everything was fresh and sooo tasty. Fish was whole and cleaned from the bones by waiter in two seconds. Prices are very rasonable. We liked it so much that next day at another lake and restaurant we ordered same dishes, well unfortunately prices were higher, only half of fish and not that good.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Called by on the off chance and offered a table (inside) immediately. Although can quite understand the attraction of grabbing a pillow and sitting on the steps outside sipping the house wine (excellent by the way) and watching the world go by. I had the fixed meat and my wife the fish and we were both blown away. Italian food is our favourite and this was up with the very best !