“Cooking class with Chef Luigi”
Review of Salice Blu

Salice Blu
Reserve a Table
Fri, 7/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #15 of 74 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Luigi invite you to Salice Blu Restaurant for lunch and dinner, during the summer season and the winter season. It is possible to have lunch and dinner in the pergola terrace and in the back of the restaurant, if you'd like to see, we have an aromatic and vegetables garden. The menu is 100% Italian, with fresh fish from our lake and fresh hand-made pasta. To have a good table, it is good having a reservation and if you'd like Chef Luigi can pick up you in Bellagio. Every day chef Luigi does Private Cooking Lesson.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My daughter (age 13) and I took a cooking class with Chef Luigi in August 2013. What great fun! Chef Luigi is so friendly and funny - and talented in the kitchen of course. He was extremely responsive via email to organize the class (suggest you book ahead as the opening we got was weeks away). He picks you up in Bellagio himself and takes you to his restaurant (a little out of town and quite up hill - not walkable). After a coffee and cozy meet and greet with the rest of the class, and then a visit to his amazing garden (I'm so jealous...how does he grow so many things so beautifully!?!), you set on your way to the class. You'll cover quite a few recipes during the class (we did pasta, risotto, gnocchi, creme brule and a special italian cake) - the only downside is that it is not a very hands-on class. You only really make the pasta, and roll the gnocchi maybe and the rest is pretty much handled by Chef Luigi and his mom as you watch. They banter back and forth quite a bit - which is amusing :-) and his assistants are kind enough to serve you some prosecco as you watch. I would have liked it to be more hands-on but still thoroughly enjoyed the class altogether! We were a group of almost 20, but it wasnt cramped and actually it was lovely to meet people from all over.
We were lucky as during our meet and greet, Chef's truffle man arrived so we got a mini lesson is selecting the right truffle, etc...and he even gave us one as a parting gift! (along with the olive oil, cookbook and apron as well)!
A great experience...lots of fun...and the risottos I made afterwards are proof that his lessons are a success!

Date of visit: August 2013

Reviewed September 5, 2013

3 of our family members did the cooking class with chef Luigi, and 2 more joined us for the lunch (all adults). Luigi picked us all up at the car ferry spot in Bellagio as we came over from Menaggio where we were staying. When we arrived at the restaurant we were offered coffee and then Luigi proceeded to give us some background about himself and Italian cuisine in general, and showed us his herb and vegatable garden at the rear of the restaurant. All up there were 14 people taking the class and it was most most enjoyable. We got to make pasta and learnt how the 3 colour pasta is made, while sipping on some delicious Prosecco. Got a sneak peak of his cellar too which looks amazing. A delicious 3-course lunch followed the class and I recognised some of the items we were making in the class, but Luigi put his clever finishing touches on most of the dishes. White and red wine was served with the meals. Luigi presented us with diplomas at the end, and on the way back to Bellagio port we stopped at his larger vegetable garden which was interesting. All in all it was a delightful day. Luigi was full of energy, very funny and also very passionate about his profession. We bought his cook book so I'm hoping to try some of his recipes when I get home.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We really liked the food, the service and the ambiance. The cooking class.. well.. read more here:

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful night and delicious meal out on the terrace. Luigi waited on us personally, making his recommendations and providing us with great service. This experience was preceded by responsive, very pleasant email communication on our reservation and logistics. A fantastic night in a beautiful place. Who could ask for more?

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nieces wedding reception held there,chef luigi could not have done more ,he collected the 40 guests and took to the restaurant I had the salt crusted sea bass the best I have ever tasted,my family had beef and said was lovely ,the wedding cake was finished off in front of us then lit with fire works .we had a lovely evening with supper food and drink .We were all then dropped back at our various hotels when we wanted . thank you

Date of visit: September 2013