“Warm ambience”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The food is delicious. We mainly had pasta and pizza. The portions are slightly smaller than those we are used to in Malta. I love the decorations in the restaurant which are a combination of rustic and elegant.

There are newer reviews for Damimo

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had lunch there with my wife and our two kids on the terrace
Great food and pizza really worth a try
Very good value

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The first dish was excellent but the lamb was not so good, intense aroma had. Desert excellent. Wine is good. Maybe a little too expensive.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this restaurant, which we visited this evening. The prosecco offered on arrival was a nice touch and the service started out very well. We ordered a margarita pizza (son aged 13), linguine with swordfish, ravioli and fillet of pork.

First, on a positive note...the pizza was excellent and arrived about 5 minutes after ordering it (not quite sure how they managed that?) lots of people ordered pizza so perhaps this is a good bet. Secondly, the two pasta dishes we ordered were outstanding - the ravioli stuffed with meat, pear and amaretti biscuits (!) was very unique and so delicious. Waitress was very nice and provided good service.

On the negative side...all the dishes came out at very different times. By the time the pork came, the rest of us were almost finished with our meals so I think the timing in the kitchen could be improved. More importantly, when the pork arrived, it was a decent size piece of meat but was served with 2 lettuce leaves and a few cherry tomatoes - a bit thin for 18€ compared to the value offered by the other dishes. Worse still, it was a bit raw in the middle so I asked for it to be cooked a bit longer. The plate arrived back about 2 minutes later with a more well done piece of meat that did not look at all like the one I sent back and the cherry tomatoes (which I had not touched) were missing completely! I insisted this could not be my plate - the pork was not even hot, yet it went from raw in the middle to well done in about 1 minute - impossible. Anyway, the head waiter insisted it was mine, added some cherry tomatoes and placed it in front of me. I was too embarrassed to insist they sort the situation out properly and ate the meat which, itself, was quite nice, but to be that expensive? I expected better...at least something with it...and I had hoped for my own fillet back (the second one was smaller as well).
Anyway, shame about the pork experience because it put a real dampener on what could have been a brilliant experience. I think this place is better avoided on busy nights (we went on Saturday) because service got worse as place got busier. Also, the atmosphere in the back garden was very nice but if you go, think carefully about what you order...and def try the ravioli!

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We went there for dinner and followed the waiters advice on food and wine and had a brilliant evening. The food was fantastic the atmosphere was great and the servic outstanding. We would definitely go back again.