“Perfecto Perfecto Perfecto”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Damimo

Damimo
Ranked #32 of 642 Restaurants in Bergamo
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Somerset
“Perfecto Perfecto Perfecto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have visited Bergamo twice before and never eaten in this Restaurant. I invited 6 friends (3 couples) for a long weekend and booked Da Mimmo for lunch. The quality of the food and wine ,value for money and good service made us decide to eat here again on the evening and again the following day.In fact if it was not for the fact we thought we ought to try other restaurants I think we would have eaten here every lunchtime and evening. It has a lovely garden setting. Michaela was very friendly and looked after our every need. There are many restaurants in Citta Alta and I rank this amongst the top 3. We shalll definitely dine here again and I recommend you do too.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Houston, TX
“Ordered small, received large...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

A large, wonderful experience...

Tonight, I only stopped by around 7:45 (early for me, typical for northern Italy) for their famous pasta, large sort of ravioli, stuffed with meat, cheese, pear, amaretti. The local specialty, at which Gombit Hotel advised, and I concur, they excel-- casonsei.

I was the only sola diner in this totally packed (with mostly locals) restaurant, and I was treated very nicely.

I only ordered house wine and the pasta, feeling a bit guilty about that, but the attentive, very kind service welcomed me and even invited a bit of lingering after.

The pizza looked good and they're known for it. Clearly they're cooked in a true pizza oven. Although I do prefer more toppings, in a more American fashion, than I see on theirs, they look good with puffy exterior crusts and a light char.

I see what the prior poster wrote-- the Italian guests at the table next to me received the wrong salad, ur thy were fine with it, and the mistake was corrected fairly quickly.

Between gracious service while they're slammed, fab food, and the fact that I heard no almost English spoken, indicating an Italian appreciation which I value, it was a simple meal, and deservedly 5* for the experience.

Paisley
“Worst dining experience in bergamo.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We may just have been very unlucky but the service and food were awful. We ordered a starter which was delivered to the table behind us, it sat on their table for 10 to 15 minutes before they removed it. Then the head waiter promptly put serving spoons on it and brought it to our table. We should have left at this point but we stayed. The waitress then brought my main course when we hadnt finished our starter. She eventually took it away after consulting the head waiter. My husband ordered a pizza which came about 5 minutes after my main course, the topping was burnt and a contained a random mushroom. They removed the cost of the pizza from the bill but overcharged us for bottles of water. The head waiter was constantly apologising to diners for wrong orders and incorrect bills. We chose this restaurant based on reviews and we are not fussy and by no means demanding but this whole
experience was so disappointing as the actual restaurant looks really impressive. I would suggest they get the basics right first.

1 Thank JJ33Paisley
Slovenia
“family history reflected in food quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

When we see "Presidio Slow Food" and "kilometro 0" on restaurant doors, we know that it is very likely going to be a memorable experience. This was confirmed at Da Mimmo. We went there first for a dinner. Mixed antipasti was a good choice - some polenta, a bruschetta with tomatoes, parmigiana, some cold cuts. For main dish we had aubergine gnocchi with tomato sauce (excellent) and risotto of aged carnaroli rice with asparagus and truffles (very delicate, nicely balanced otherwise strong flavours). The dessert sampler was also a good choice since you can taste most of what is on the menu.
We liked it so much that we returned next day (we almost never do that) for lunch. The reason: they have excellent pizza. The real one. The lunch formula (12 € for a pizza, water, glass of wine or beer and dessert) is excellent value. Pizza Mimo (with parmigiana) and the spicy one with nduia were both worthy of Naples. Strongly recommended!
Anjoy with the familiy - you will meet at least three generations either sitting by the entrance or serving you food.

Visited June 2013
Mumbai
“Mouthwatering food and plenty of charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Sublime food – the ravioli with cheese and sage-butter was a joy, and the house recipe Spaghetti with Sardines, Fennel and much else, a delight. Entering the rambling, maze-like restaurant you are greeted by a charming (and flirtatious!) couple, well into their 80s, bent over the till. A strangely personal touch for a place of this size, but in the end everything here exceeded expectations.
Again, in spite of its size, the service was efficient and friendly, the food arrived fast and tasted home-made (the name of the chef appeared on the menu – a giveaway as to the pride of the owners) and the feel was relaxed and extremely local. We visited on a Sunday evening, and it seemed full of Bergamese, with just a smattering of tourists like ourselves.
The wine by the glass choice was top-notch, and the extensive by-the-bottle wine list a pleasure to peruse.